Remember me
Lost Password Register

Apeks Regulators
01-12-2003, 09:15 PM,
Apeks Regulators
Anyone know of an online source for Apeks regulators? I know someone who is interested in two or three TX50/DS4 regulators. It appears that DiveInn doesn't carry those anymore and my old source (TJ) doesn't sell them anymore.

Thanks,

Derrick
01-13-2003, 05:45 AM,
Re:Apeks Regulators
Simply Scuba sells the TX-50 second stage and the DS4 first stage. It looks like they sell them separately though. Here is the link.
01-13-2003, 08:23 AM,

Apeks are sold by Aqua - Lung. So make sure you are careful when buying any of aqua-lung's regs online, no online dealer is authorized to sell those products so if anything goes wrong you could get screwed, or worse!

You know, its only money-you can afford to chance it with fins, wetsuits, snorkel, etc. but when it comes to your life support system 120 ft down...your life is way more important than $200. Be careful.
01-13-2003, 08:55 AM,
The purchasing online vs. LDS thing has been beaten to death. Sure you give up the mfg. warranty by buying online but the online vendors provide their own warranty equal to a mfg. warranty. It's a wash. As far as service goes, you still have to pay for the labor on annual service even if you buy the reg from an LDS and the parts are dirt cheap so if the LDS gave free parts on service who cares. I'm not arguing one way or the other on LDS vs. online purchases, I'm just pointing out that you aren't "screwed" if you buy online. I've bought a large mount of gear from both LDS's and online vendors and I have had no problems getting my gear serviced locally.
01-13-2003, 09:42 AM,
Good point, just go to a reputable online store such as Leisure Pro or Dive Inn for example. (I'm sure there are other good ones as well, these are the only two I've personally done business with however.)

01-13-2003, 01:49 PM,
I feel bad that the local dive shop's cannot sell authorized gear online. They could really give the big online shops some competition. Aqua Lung's policy is a way for them to maintain price control at the detriment of the LDS and customer. I hope that changes someday.
--Jason
01-18-2003, 04:48 PM,
If you are looking for a local source, Northland Divers in Maplewood carries Apeks. At least 2 of the service techs are "authorized" Apeks technicians. They probably won't have the DS4/TX50 combo in stock, but it can be ordered. I think they normally have the TX200 combo. I'm a die hard Apeks fan. Great regs.
01-18-2003, 04:58 PM,
Does anyone know the differences between the TX and ATX models. I need to get a few and am wondering if just going the ATX route might be easiest. I love my TX 100, but can't seem to find them or the DS4's anymore. I need some for a set of doubles, and so routing will be an issue. Thanks in advance.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
01-18-2003, 05:31 PM,
The ATX second stages are a little smaller and they have
an extra adjustment in the end cap that adjusts the
balance chamber (this is the way they change between
european breathing requirements and everybody else).
The TX-100s are no longer being manufactured, although I
have heard there are a few new ones still unsold.
The DS4s are still as available as ever - I have two new
ones as of a month ago from Northland Divers.
I am really liking my new regs. ;D ;D
Todd
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
01-18-2003, 08:04 PM,
Although I have not tried this myself, I understand you can get the same hose routing on the ATX200 first stages as you can on the TX100 first stages by turning the first stages in or out as needed. On the TX100s you are probably looking to diaphragms out (facing the knobs - this is the way I dive my doubles). One the ATX200s you can point the diaphragms in and get the ports at the same angles as the TX100.

BTW, I meant to say "A"TX200 above ... there is no TX200.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe