Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dry suit storage
03-17-2008, 06:01 PM,
Re: Dry suit storage
I don't own a dry suit yet, but I am taking a dry suit class and I will tell you what I have learned about dry suit storage so far. After the rinsing and drying and conditioning seals/zippers... I was told to first cap the inflation valve stem with the cap supplied with the suit to keep it from gouging into the suit. Then un-zip the zipper all the way (this prevents the zipper teeth from stressing the tape.) Then roll the boots and legs from the bottom of the legs to the top of the legs. Then fold the arms in across the chest. then fold the neck over to half way to the waist. Then fold that much over the rest and place it in the bag. This could vary depending on what style suit you have and what the configuration of the zipper. The first important thing is to first make sure that the suit is dry and clean before the bagging operation. The second important thing is that that the zipper is in such a way when folded that the zipper is on the outer most part of the folded/rolled suit so that it is in a gentle curve in the bag and not crimped. Like I said I know very little about dry suits but I plan on having one soon (so I don't miss out on all this Ice diving I have heard so much about.)
;D
03-18-2008, 07:48 AM,

There is still time. Contemplating diving this weekend.
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM,
Based on some specifications  from two different dry suit experts, I decided to make my own hanger.  One trip to Menard's, some 3" PCV pipe, a 3" Tee, 2 3" 45 degree street elbows, a couple of caps, a heavy duty bicycle hanger hook and some PVC cement. Works pretty well keeping the weight of the suit spread over the shoulders and away from the neck seal and zippers.

Attached Files
.jpg   drysuit hanger.jpg (Size: 50.38 KB / Downloads: 63)
.jpg   drysuit hanger.jpg (Size: 50.38 KB / Downloads: 63)
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
03-06-2012, 08:36 PM,
thanks for this!!! I know it's an ancient thread, but I found it helpful. I just got my first drysuit last friday. A lighltly used DUI CLX450. Can't wait to use it:-) Do any of you have a preferred brand of zipper lubricant, seal conditioner, and I guess it's shampoo for cleaning the inside??