Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ya really know yer a MN diver when...
03-12-2008, 02:01 PM,
Ya really know yer a MN diver when...
I'm heading out to Mexico pretty quick.  Gonna spend three days diving the Ceynotes on the mainland and a week on Cozumel.  Last night at 0300 I'm WIDE AWAKE :Smile.  What do ya spose I'm thinkin.....Caves/reefs/pretty coral reef fishies 8)....Oh no...,The thought I CAN'T get out of my head is....I'm going to be missing some of the BEST ice diving of the season :'(.  The strange part is this was not just one of those weird anxiety late night moments worrying about something that is not really an issue when morning comes Tongue  Nope, I gotta admit that there really is a piece of me that wishes I was staying here and getting in more ice time. 
Well, my best buddy Shooter just sent me a pm saying that he would be willing to make the sacrifice and go dive the very next weekend after I get back.  WHAT A GUY!
The weekend of March 29th up ta da big water of Milllacs ;D ;D.
OK.... NOW I can go to Mexico and still have winter Minnesota diving to look forard to.

PS for those of you who have not YET tried ice diving.....Ya just gotta.  I'll warn you up front though... It is ADDICTING  Big Grin
03-15-2008, 11:06 AM,
Re: Ya really know yer a MN diver when...
I was thinking that worst case scenario we can pull my jon boat with the 4 wheeler to the dive site.  (Yes, I am serious) I will be closley monitering ice conditions  in days prior. Have a great trip. Will look forward to dive site recommendations....
03-15-2008, 09:19 PM,
Re: Ya really know yer a MN diver when...
I just heard they were having a hard time getting out on Mille Lacs because of the ice ridges and heaving on shore. Could be a bit of a challenge.
Advanced Trimix, Experimental Russian Rebreather/KISS, A&P Aircraft Mechanic, Private Pilot, All around cool guy, Certified Arborist