Remember me
Lost Password Register

Launching our new BP program
01-14-2003, 12:10 PM,
Launching our new BP program
Scuba Dive and Travel is proud to announce the launch of their new Holistic Hogarthian program. This new program will implement the use of the Hogarthian gear setup (backplate-harness-wing and use of the long hose) for scuba certification. Additionally, the program will focus on the use of proper technique, a thorough understanding of diving physics and physiology and proper dive planning and execution.

On saturday February 8, 2003, from 10am until 5pm the program will be unveiled at the shop. Our staff will be there to assist you with all your questions, and will present you with the new gear. Feel free to bring your own gear and we can show you how to implement some of the fundamentals of the Holistic Hogarthian approach, while enjoying a snack. You can also sign up to try out our new OMS backplates and wings, and Zeagle regulators in the pool on Sunday February 9, 2003.

For additional information contact Scuba Dive and Travel at (612) 823-7210.
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
01-14-2003, 12:18 PM,
Re:Launching our new BP program
Very cool. I'm going to try and make it down for this. Smile
01-14-2003, 12:19 PM,
This is great news! It's nice to know that I won't have to go all the way to Florida Cave Country or to a GUE class to learn about new open water techniques/diving fundementals and the Holistic Hogarthian approach.

I'll definitely be there!
~groovekitty*
01-14-2003, 12:22 PM,
Are you guys going to be featuring this system at your booth at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society shipwreck and diving show on Feb 22nd?
I think their address is
I look forward to seeing and discussing it.
Todd

P.S. I like using H2 (H squared) as a symbol for holistic hogarthian. It gives it a sort of "synergistic" feeling
to the term holistic hogarthian.
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
01-14-2003, 12:25 PM,
H2 is a great way to refer to the Holistic Hogarthian approach!

H2 it is!

p.s. I'm all about synergy, and books on how to cheat at bridge!
01-14-2003, 12:31 PM,
[quote='FMT link' dateline='1042568527']
Are you guys going to be featuring this system at your booth at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society shipwreck and diving show on Feb 22nd?

We will be present at the show. Richard Dreher (owner of SD&T) will be giving a presentation on cave diving, and we will have a booth where we'll have both a H2 single tank and double tank setup for people to try out, as well as detailed info on the new OW program.[/quote]
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
01-14-2003, 12:43 PM,
Sounds like a step in the right direction... There's definately a lot of talk about this.

Thanks for the post and letting us all know.
01-14-2003, 12:45 PM,
Todd, I like the H2 name. Also thanks for the GLPS link. I had absolutely no idea there was a dive show here next month -- and I thought I knew what was going on...
--Jason
01-14-2003, 12:52 PM,
Maybe the moderators can post something about the show in a wider context (i.e. a different board than local dive shops)
since the BBS or my browser or both won't let me start a new thread. I think all the info needed is at the website
().
Todd
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
01-14-2003, 12:56 PM,
Is the glsps site down? I'm getting a connection timeout error when trying to get to the site.