Remember me
Lost Password Register

Air Fills
03-17-2008, 03:13 PM,
Air Fills
Can somebody tell me what my best options are for air fills for the North Shore and Ore-Be-Gone?  I heard a rumor that there's a place in Silver Bay that does fills?  Also, I see Tall Pines still has a website but I heard they had closed.  I'm planning on doing some dives up there this summer and was hoping to be able to fill someplace local instead of bringing many tanks or driving to Duluth.  Thanks for your help!
03-17-2008, 05:37 PM,
Re: Air Fills
Tall Pines is closed, however if your patient Rick will probably see this post and reply. To my knowledge there are no air fills in Silver Bay.  I believe there is a fill station there but it is for the fire dept. only. CaptainDean will probably give you the latest. Send him a private P.M. if he doesnt reply soon.

03-17-2008, 05:52 PM,
You can get air fills in Silver Bay.  Chuck Potter (who owns North Shore Compressor) will fill at his house (he has a compressor in his garage).  You would need a map or directions to the house (which we have at Smith Diving) and then you need to know that you can leave your tanks outside his garage door if he's not home and he'll fill them when he gets home.  We usually drop the tanks off in late afternoon, go get dinner and then go pick them up.  Don't remember what he charges exactly but it's reasonable.
03-17-2008, 08:13 PM,
Hello Gang-
I will let you know of the plans for air fills in both locations.  While the finale arrangements have not yet been made, I will give you what I know now.  Many of you may not know this yet, but Superior Scuba Center has closed its location on W. Superior St.  We are still in the process of clearing out the store.  We will still continue to provide dive charters, travel, service and recreational, technical through advanced trimix and CCR training.  Shortly, we will have a complete air fill station on the North shore at Jay's house on hwy 61.  He is 5 miles north of Brighton Beach, just past Lakeview Castle.  At this location, we will have air and be able to blend nitrox to 40%.  Anyone that would require anything other than that..please contact us in advance and we will see what we can do for you.  Keep in mind that during the first half of the dive season, Superior Wreckreation will be slipped in Silver Bay.  When she is there, our plan is to have a compressor up there as well. Details not yet figured out.  We have a compressor in Virginia and are in the process of figuring out where it will be placed for the dive season.  Our goal was to have it be mobile and placed in Gilbert or Eveleth. to provide air and Nitrox..Details not yet finalized.  Keep in mind..we have 4 compressors, we just dont have the locations and the supporting people to keep them all running all the time. 

Jay and i will keep you posted on what we get finalized.  We will do our best to make diving up here as convenient as possible for you all.  If you have any questions not answered..please let my know.  PM me

cheers
Deano
Oops Did I really say that?????