Remember me
Lost Password Register

ice dive millelacs 3-30-08
03-18-2008, 03:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2008, 01:13 PM by Shooter.)
ice dive millelacs 3-30-08
potential divesites agate bay reef on ne

cedar creek pine island se

These are all fairly close to shore and easy to get to. I am still trying to get some updated ice conditions.
03-18-2008, 03:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2008, 05:46 PM by Shooter.)
Re: ice dive millelacs 3-22-08
Hunter's point access is open.  I spoke with the owner of the resort, and he is going to have some GPS coordinates of hot spots for us to dive. 2 mile reef and flamingo reef. They open at seven, I figured we should be there by 8 a.m.  ice conditions are wet and sloppy, but plenty of ice to drive on. I'll be driving my truck with the easy out ice system on front. ;D

03-18-2008, 05:11 PM,
I'm in.

I finished the new spud, even hollow ground the point!
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM,
Looks like we have three so far, four counting Art.  I will verify the ice conditions with the resort tomorrow afternoon.  Sounds like we might be getting some snow. That will help soak up some of the slop on top. we don't have to shovel will just use the plow, if we need to. I can plow a path to the dive site,  If you want to drive your vehicles. I will try to coordinate with Art and meet at my house and will drive together. The plan is to be at hunters point resort at 8 a.m.. Depending on how many people we have and the sites at the resorts Line us up with, I would like to get two holes cut before we start diving. We will cut them small, like Steve and I did on our last dive at Green.

I will attach a picture of the lake map for those of you not familiar with it. Just follow the link above to hunters point resort.  If you're late, have a picture of this map with and follow it to flamingo Reef.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0189.JPG (Size: 788.72 KB / Downloads: 118)
03-20-2008, 08:07 AM,
If I didn't have family plans for the weekend I would join you!  This winter just isn't working out for me for ice diving!  Maybe I can still get something in before thaw...  or at least while there are still nice tinkly ice candles floating around to soothe the mind while diving  Wink

sounds like the following weekend I might be fishing, so that weekend is likely out too.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
03-20-2008, 11:42 AM,
I'm Ready!  well except for setting my gear out Big Grin  I have marked the resort and two locations on my Lake map software and will load them to my GPS tonight with the map of the lake! 

Meet at the lake at 8am :o  Guess I'll wake up when I hit the water  ;D
03-20-2008, 11:59 AM,

look forward to meeting you. Hoping to get at least 2 dives in dif locations the reason for the early start...
03-20-2008, 08:51 PM,
Looking forward to meeting you guys, and some great diving!  I have most of my gear set out and ready to go!  Just have to switch my rigging from my 30 to my 40 (30 out of hydro Sad  ) So I'll have a little more air with me  ;D

03-21-2008, 07:25 AM,
Haven't heard from Art yet.  He must still be live in it up in sunny Mexico.  I thought for sure his gear would need a freshwater rinse by Saturday. If there is only going to be three of us, we should probably plan on only one dive site.  I will have all the ropes, chainsaw, gas, 7.3 liter diesel ice removal system, and shelter.  I will update the ice conditions later this afternoon.  Worst-case scenario will load the gear on the back of the trailer and pull it out with the four wheeler.  You gotta want it
03-21-2008, 09:15 AM,
I want it now, it's the 5:30am start that gets me. I can do it but I will not like it.

"Eighty percent of success is showing up" -Woody Allen
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.