Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuit ?
03-19-2008, 08:28 PM,
Drysuit ?
Well I was looking at getting a Bare XCD2 Drysuit and I would need a custom suit so I'm now thinking of a DUI but unsure if I want to get a TLS SE trilam suit or a CNSE with the crushed neoprene.  I do most of my diving in Lake Wazee but will be doing frequent trips to the Duluth area to dive the Lake Superior.  Any input onto which is better the neo or trilam suit  ??
03-20-2008, 04:19 AM,
Re: Drysuit ?
Either one is a good suit.  I used to own a DUI TLS350 front zip but sold it to upgrade to a new Diving Concepts Duraflex Tek last summer. 

The TLS350 suits are nice because they are very light weight and dry fast.  The cons are that they are not real heavy duty suits and are more prone to punctures or tears if doing wreck diving etc.  I will admit I never had a leak in mine in the 400 dives I put on it though and that included plenty of wreck diving.

The CNSE is going to be a much heavier suit and will stand up to more abrasion than the TLS will. The flexibility might be better as well since it is made of neoprene so you can go with a snugger fit. The downside to the CNSE is that is a very heavy suit and it will likely take at least a full day to dry out after diving.
03-20-2008, 09:04 AM,
;D two thumbs up on the tls 350. they have zip in seals as well. Just get a really big foot pocket. I am changing mine to a 15 and my boot size is a 12. It helps keep your feet warm on cold water dives.  ;D
03-20-2008, 10:03 AM,
If you can wait for the DUI demo days it's worth the time.

I tried the TLS 350 and didn't like it at all. I'm thin and the cut didn't fit well for my height. The SE200 fit like a glove. It felt like I had been diving it for years. Loved it. But I already own a suit that may take 20 years to wear out. Smile

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
03-20-2008, 03:35 PM,
I did speak with my local dive shop here in Black River Falls and he said the TLS is lot lighter and not nearly as heavy duty as was posted in a earlier reply.  I did plan on going with a Zip seals and gloves for sure.  I think I may just save my money for now and wait til the demo days are here at Wazee.  I don't know if it would matter if I ended up getting my undergarment now tho ?
03-20-2008, 03:56 PM,
I think I got a coupon from DUI at the end of the event but I don't recall details. Something about buying in the next 30 days....
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-28-2008, 10:55 AM,
I have a custom DUI TLS 350 SE.  Great fit.  Buddy had a stock size and immediately bought a custom.  Less air bubbles.  Love the Zipseals.  Didn't go with the zipgloves because I like to put on gloves just before entering the water.