Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Site Map what more could you want
04-08-2008, 08:42 AM,
Dive Site Map what more could you want
I just opened the latest scuba diving magazine, if you haven't seen this yet you need to check it out a company called Art To Media is creating dive site maps like nothing seen before, this could revolutionize the dive briefing! check them out at or in the April addition of scuba diving. Its a little easier to see examples in the magazine but you get the idea online.  three dimensional looking maps of dive sites and ship wrecks which will give people a better understanding of what they are diving and a better way to plan! Simple Awsome as far as I'm concerned. Now we just need to get them to sink a few more ships in Superior!
04-08-2008, 08:52 AM,
Re: Dive Site Map what more could you want
While i dont think they are incredible..they are pretty neat.  I think i would find them kind of cool to have in a dive log book..to show others. 
Oops Did I really say that?????
04-08-2008, 09:36 AM,
I just think they are/will be extremely help full when you go to dive large ships and dont know what exactly you are getting into.
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM,
Those look pretty great to me.  I would love to have those for a few of my favorite dive spots. Thanks for sharing.
04-09-2008, 07:28 AM,
Have they made one for the plane tail at Square yet? 
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-09-2008, 07:24 PM,
If you can get accurate measurements of any submerged wreck in a true XYZ axis, I could draw it in 3D using AutoCadd 2007. But the trouble is, you would need to have the AutoCadd software to view the DWG files. I haven't figured out how to plot these files in 3D yet with them having rendered surfaces (just a wireframe and that looks kinda lame on paper. I do have 3D files of most planes and I could crop out everything but the tail section. After a person does all that work... you wonder if it would just be better if you dive down... take a picture... leave the photo in your dive log and show that to people. Most of those 3D models are just smoke and mirrors and the inaccuracy of the model may misrepresent the actual conditions and mistakes could be made during the dive from these inaccuracies... in my opinion
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM,
Here are a couple planes in 3D wireframe. The first is a Cesna and the second is a P-61

Attached Files
.jpg   cessna152-Model.jpg (Size: 265.38 KB / Downloads: 41)
.jpg   P61-Model.jpg (Size: 135.24 KB / Downloads: 52)
.jpg_thumb   P61-Model.jpg_thumb (Size: 7.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
04-09-2008, 08:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2008, 08:07 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Here are a few more... The first is the Saratoga. The second is a Sport fisher. The third is a sextant that If you find one on the bottom you should just give it to me as it is worthless...

Attached Files
.jpg   SARATOGA-Model.jpg (Size: 195.86 KB / Downloads: 54)
.jpg   Sportfisher-Model.jpg (Size: 172.98 KB / Downloads: 76)
.jpg   SARATOGA-Model.jpg (Size: 195.86 KB / Downloads: 54)
.jpg   Sportfisher-Model.jpg (Size: 172.98 KB / Downloads: 76)
.jpg   SEXTANT-Model.jpg (Size: 225.08 KB / Downloads: 44)