Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tech oriented LDS ?
09-23-2008, 10:17 PM,
Tech oriented LDS ?
Since we lost SD&T in the metro area, are there any other shops that might be stepping up for more "tech" side support. Things like high volume fills on doubles, argon, O2, gear and misc in the area?
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
09-24-2008, 05:36 AM,
Re: Tech oriented LDS ?
You may try Going Under Dive Center .They are in Maple Plain or Maple Grove , not sure .
Scuba Brat
T Ostby
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM,
I got a p-valve from Air Down There (would have been SD&T) and they lead me to believe that they expect to pick up the gear but I didn't ask about gas fills.

I plan to take intro tri this spring so I'll need He and don't want to have to drive to Doing Under. It's an hour drive one way.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
09-24-2008, 06:29 PM,
We will be able to meet your gas & boosting needs at Smith Diving as of early October. We will also be able to fill your tech. training needs in the near future and are finalizing plans now.  We'll  be making a full announcement late next week with class options, prices, equipment info, etc.  Rather than answering specific questions now I'd prefer to just wait a week or so.  Thanks, Lee
10-06-2008, 07:30 AM,
Going Under Dive Center is in Maple Grove.  They have by FAR the MOST experience in the technical diving area.
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM,
Actually, this was more of a rhetorical question to any of the LDS's that surf this forum. Each shop has it's own niche and when you lose one (any one), it leaves a void. Sometimes everyone just keeps on business as usual. Other times one of the other shops will take over the servicing of the gear that the other shop had carried and the services that it provided.
I truly believe that the shops in this area are ALL good, but none can cover all the things that a diver may require.
Just wanted to put the question out there and let them know that there are divers in the area with these needs.

That was the reason for starting this thread.
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
10-09-2008, 06:58 AM,
Good idea
People need to know whos out there yet .
Between rumors and the economy , you never know .
T Ostby
10-16-2008, 03:18 PM,
Going Under Dive Center in Maple Grove can and will meet your certification and equipment needs. You would need to speak to Matt regarding these types of Certs.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
10-28-2008, 06:44 PM,

Any decisions Lee ?

Just wondering