Remember me
Lost Password Register

Let's just see Huh?
04-11-2008, 11:07 PM,
Let's just see Huh?
And now for something completely different...It has been suggested to me several (at least 5) times in the past couple months that mnscuba is dominated by 10-12 individuals who contribute most of the posts.  I think it's times to prove this theory wrong.  I always tell my new students about mnscuba, and I hope that others do as well  It is my opinion that divers are usually on the cutting edge of things and actively involved, so I declare the following statement:  not only will I receive  responses to this post from at least 30 different individuals, but they will have some knowledge of the general cutting edge culture of today.  To prove this I have researched the following current cultural items and invite you all to reference them in my presence at Smith Diving or here on mnscuba.  Feel free to comment on any of the following;  Louis Bayard, Mitchell & Webb, Ann Hathaway, Noreen Malone, Cecilia Sarkozy, diving the Gulf in Thailand (how timely eh Richie?), Tracy Turnblad, the Cuyenne Hybrid, J.P. Bell, Liu Zhenxing (just because my brother is living in China right now and might read this),  dynamite and bleaching, UAE-EDA-DWTC & DMEX (I can't wait to go).  Now as you all google (used as a verb - speaking of current)  away  I know that we have at least two cutting edge individuals active in Jason and Lonnie.  I am also aware of some posters who are culturally in tune whether they think so or not (you know who you are).  So I eagerly await your responses... The occasionally inciteful, Smith Diving    Jason, how's that for SE friendly?  For those who are lost and don't understand any of this, we embrace you too as valued members of the online diving world of 2008.
04-12-2008, 07:24 AM,
Re: Let's just see Huh?
OK, I'll start it off... 

but I'll try to be a little vague just for fun...  one of the people listed has a dream of 3 satellites by 2011.

I wouldn't say that we're "dominated" by a dozen people, but there are times when it seems like we don't hear much from anybody else.  (and there have certainly been some quiet times lately when we haven't even heard much from the usual suspects either!)

Jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
04-12-2008, 08:55 AM,

Meinen Sie Cayenne hybrid?  Actually I am just a dumb redneck moved home to Minnesota.  I am curious as to the reasoning that a dive shop should be closed on Sunday?  Oh well welcome home to Minnesota.
04-12-2008, 09:22 AM,

Dynamiting and bleaching? Bad for a reef, good for a stump and whites?
04-12-2008, 09:52 AM,
Puddlejumper, Ja tatsächlich ist Cayenne richtig. Ich bin über andere Geschäfte nicht sicher, aber wir sind immer am Sonntag während des Oktobers und Aprils in den Mai geschlossen worden, Lee
04-12-2008, 10:11 AM,
Maybe that was rude?  I just said that Cayenne is indeed the correct spelling and that we have always been closed on Sundays in October and April into May when it's not busy, Lee
04-12-2008, 11:06 AM,
I'll bite,
Ann Hathaway is hot.
or is it Anne Hathaway?
Lee
Blue Wave Scuba
-------------------------------<br />Let's Go Diving!<br /><br />Blue Wave Scuba<br />5262 Indepence St.<br />Maple Plain, MN   55359<br /><br />(952) 486-7484<br />www.bluewavescuba.com<br />info@BlueWaveScuba.com
04-12-2008, 11:41 AM,

Sind Sie an den Sonntagen während des Sommers offen?  Rude no but my German is about used up.  Up until last year I was out on the east coast.  Pretty much lot's of shops and open 7 days a week.  Just took me by surprise.  Hybrids are a mixed bag that overall I am unimpressed with.  A Porsche hybrid is criminal. 

Anyone know where I acn get my steel doubles a VIS?  I live in Foley and work in Princeton.
04-12-2008, 12:01 PM,
Yep, open Sundays from June through September.  If you can get them down here, we can do your VIPs.  Not sure where Foley is but I think we or Going Under are closest?
04-12-2008, 12:13 PM,

City dwellers huh?  LOL I grew up in Highland Park over in St Paul.  Princeton is North of you on 169.  I am going to need my apeks regs looked over as well.  I have not put on a dive suit in 2 years.  Let's see two sets of doubles, 3 or 4 deco bottles 3 or 4 regs.  I'll look you up.