Remember me
Lost Password Register

seeking dive buddy
04-17-2008, 04:15 PM,
seeking dive buddy
My wife is my tropical dive buddy but she refuses to dive in cold northern waters. I got a new 7mm Bare wetsuit I am dying to use this summer but I need a dive buddy.

I am OW certified and have 20 dives under my belt, in Lakes Superior (Madeira wreck), Michigan (Prins Willem, Dredge 906 wrecks), Boston Harbor, Mexico and Sri Lanka. Deepest dive has been 84 ffw.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a bit of an air hog. But I hope to improve my consumption rate with more experience.

I live in Mpls. and am a fit 8 year old male. I own all my own gear, with the exception of tanks. Weekends are free in much of June, July and August. I am interested in Lake Superior day trips. I'd like to try the Hesper wreck. Also, I would like to dive Wazee Lake this summer. Not really interested in many of the local metro lakes. I'd prefer to buddy with someone of similar ability and ambitions. I'm not (yet) into a lot of wreck penetration or deeper dives. Just some fun bottom time. I'd like to avoid the Insta-buddy route where possible.

Drop me a line if you are interested in connecting for some dives this summer!
04-17-2008, 05:29 PM,
Re: seeking dive buddy
I didn't know you could get married at 8 years old in Minnesota, also PADI  must of lowered the minimum age for Jr. certification.  >Big Grin
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM,
I am AOW Certified have about 20 dives in and live in Black River Falls, have done almost all my dives at Wazee other then when I volunteer at the aquarium in Duluth.  I'm able to go most weekends and usually dive during the week here at Wazee.
04-18-2008, 03:22 PM,
Cool... thanks for the responses. I am 38, not a precocious 8 year old! Oops!

Might have to sneak over to Wazee and hook up with ya on a weekday. I've wanted to try diving there. Do you dive in the aquarium in Duluth? How did you start volunteering there? Maybe we can connect for a North Shore dive some weekend in late May or June.
04-18-2008, 07:51 PM,
I'm 32,  That would be great, yep I dive at the Great Lakes Aquarium in Duluth,  All I did to start volunteering up there was send a email to the volunteer coordinator whom you can get her address of the GLA website and she can let you know all about it just have to fill out and application then do a training dive.  They provide tanks and weights.  I have never dove the big lake yet but I'm excited to give it a try.