Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: What scuba products do you purchase online?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BCD's
14.29%
4 14.29%
Regulators
25.00%
7 25.00%
Wetsuits
21.43%
6 21.43%
t-shirts and accessories
39.29%
11 39.29%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

buying online
04-24-2008, 11:57 AM,
buying online
What scuba products do you usually purchase online? What products would you like to see some of the online dive stores selling?
04-24-2008, 12:41 PM,
Re: buying online
And it's really hard to find a wetsuit online that actually fits!

That's why I have a couple on sale in the "Gear for sale"  category.

My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-24-2008, 12:46 PM,
I just bought a pinnacle 7/5 mm wetsuit their sizing chart seemed to work great for me Big Grin but only theirs so far at least !
04-24-2008, 12:46 PM,
I only get dive buddies online. It's illegal for LDS's to stock humans.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-24-2008, 12:48 PM,
speaking of which i need more dive buddies/ more dives who's up for some cold weather diving? Big Grin
04-24-2008, 01:22 PM,
Where is the spot for "I dont buy on line..I support my local dive center"...?

or ....

Where is the spot for .." I buy my air on line....because i didnt support my local dive center so it is no longer there"..?

Oops Did I really say that?????
04-24-2008, 01:52 PM,
I don't even think about purchasing SCUBA gear online. I have bought t-shirts and accessory items from mail order many years ago. I don't do it any more because I want to support the LDS. I prefer the face to face interaction, the knowledge, the service and the commitment to customer satisfaction I receive from the LDS.
04-24-2008, 01:57 PM,
Having just purchased all my gear this spring for the first time (woohoo!), I found it was a balancing act.  I did a ton of research online but when it came to buying I used my LDSs (plural) as much as possible.  The only items I bought online were accessory items that had more to do with personal desires than financial savings.  For example the gloves I got because the shops I looked at didn't have the brand/style I was looking for or the weight bags that I can fill with my own shot to give me more control over adjustments.  I found with all the dive shops we have around the area, a person can really shop around, get good opinions, and usually find the products you want with competitive prices.  The recent shop closings are concerning to me and I do my best to support my LDS.
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM,
The only gear I purchase/purchased online is/was specifically gear that I wanted that the LDS does not or did not carry.  My first option is always to support the LDS when possible but if I am looking for something particular that the LDS does not carry I will use online vendors to acquire it rather than settle for something similar but not exactly what I am looking for just to support the LDS.  The vast majority of my gear was purchased through the LDS.
04-24-2008, 04:23 PM,
The smart thing to do is buy a used semi-dry online. By coincidence, I have one listed in the gear classifieds!!! ;D