Remember me
Lost Password Register

Heart Rate Monitors
01-17-2003, 09:17 AM,
Heart Rate Monitors
all this talk about less equipment..how about more? Does anyone ever dive with a heart rate monitor? I picked one up yesterday to compliment my freediving. I'm not sure if it's the one I want though. I was looking for a few other features. It does give constant HR read out, avg HR, and peak HR, but I didn't find where it gives lowest HR and that's one that I was really interested in. I don't want to have to be watching it all the time. Must not be in the shape I used to be in.. tried it out last night and got a low of 46 bpm so 6 over my lowest from years ago. I did cheat though and used a technique to drop it right from 58 or 60 to that in just a matter of seconds. Wink I'm really interested in seeing how low my HR goes at depth but don't want to have to look over at it. That's another thing... this Polar S120 is not downloadable and that's something I'd like too. Slower the HR of course the longer the apnea/bottom times. Maybe a HR monitor has it's place in scuba too. If you could see what's happening to the hr and could learn to control it some the air time could improve. Not sure to what extent but maybe quite a lot.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?