Remember me
Lost Password Register

Leg Extension for Dive Rite 905 dry suite
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM,
Leg Extension for Dive Rite 905 dry suite
Well, the subject line pretty much says it all.  Does anyone know if I can get the legs lengthened on my 905 suit?  I really only need another 1/2" to 1" to make it more comfortable but I've no idea who to contact to make this happen.

-- Al
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
03-14-2009, 04:44 PM,
Re: Leg Extension for Dive Rite 905 dry suite
Al, contact Mark Owens up at Superior Diving Repair in Brainerd.    If there is a chance it can be altered Mark can do it.  He lengthened the sleeves on Jason's drysuit and did a great job.
03-14-2009, 09:05 PM,
If you do lengthen the legs, I would strongly recommend you do so where the legs meet the boots, and not at the crotch.  You’ve got a lot of seams coming together at the crotch, and it is, in my opinion, the part of the Dive Rite suit most prone to failure.

If you do it yourself, rather than lengthening the legs (which would in my opinion be a rather significant undertaking) you might consider instead replacing the existing boots with taller boots, which would accomplish the same thing.  Or if you’d rather, replace them with neoprene socks of the appropriate length and wear either DUI rock boots or modified Chuck Taylor Converse All-Stars. 

If you don’t want to do it yourself, I’d also recommend Mark Owens up in Brainerd.  Another good drysuit repair shop is Steve Gamble in Gainesville, Florida.  - Kirk   
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM,
Thanks guys,

I'll give the folks in Brainerd a call since I have no intention of doing this myself....  I was thinking along the same lines though, the body length is right but my legs are just a bit too long for the suit.
65 Dives and growing.
03-16-2009, 09:32 PM,
Hmmm....And you are saying that your health insurance doesn't cover "Shortening your legs"??  Jest Kidding!  ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM,
I have offers from plenty of "friends" to shorten me up in one way or another.. .

So far, I havent' accepted any of their offers.
65 Dives and growing.