Remember me
Lost Password Register

Good Early Season locations?
04-30-2008, 11:41 AM,
Good Early Season locations?
I was curious if anyone can suggest any good dive sites for the "early season."  In other words, what lakes have decent dives and warm up the quickest?  With spring seeming to be extra slow to come this year I'm assuming the lakes are also going to be extra slow to warm.

The only local dive I have logged pre-June is one cleanup dive at White Bear Lake last year on May 12th and the water temp was 54 (though we only went down to 16 feet!).
04-30-2008, 06:11 PM,
Re: Good Early Season locations?
I'd imagine temps will be chilly no matter where you go locally for awhile.
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM,
I took a dip after work in lake Harriet today and it was at 46 deg.(a very balmy 46 at that!)  Exactly a week ago it was 39.  At least its moving in the right direction :Smile
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-30-2008, 08:56 PM,
Today me and my friend Freedove in the lake in my backyard ROGERS lake we dove in 7/5's hood and gloves water temp was fine probably 45 degrees. tommorow we are headed out to square lake around 1:00, if you want to join us feel free to contact me should be a fun day of diving!!!
05-01-2008, 12:16 PM,
A few people will be out at Square on Sunday. It will mostly be divers from Going Under and Blue Wave. Will be there most of the day. Because it is shallow, it should be a little warmer than other local lakes right now. Pretty sure at least a couple people will be diving wet suits. Hopefully it is sunny out and not too windy.
Lee
-------------------------------<br />Let's Go Diving!<br /><br />Blue Wave Scuba<br />5262 Indepence St.<br />Maple Plain, MN   55359<br /><br />(952) 486-7484<br />www.bluewavescuba.com<br />info@BlueWaveScuba.com
05-01-2008, 12:26 PM,
Do you know what time everyone is headed out to square on Sunday. If its early enough I could probably come I don't Work until 2 :30
05-02-2008, 08:32 PM,
I intend to be there by 11:00 at the latest, its about an hour drive for me. I don't think I will be the earliest arrival though. I will check with Travis and others as to what time they are planning. Will try to post again Sat night with more accurate time. Weather report for Sunday is excellent so far, I heard sunny and 60 for Sunday. Hopefully the wind and rain dosn't stir it up too bad.
-------------------------------<br />Let's Go Diving!<br /><br />Blue Wave Scuba<br />5262 Indepence St.<br />Maple Plain, MN   55359<br /><br />(952) 486-7484<br />www.bluewavescuba.com<br />info@BlueWaveScuba.com