Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ore-be-gone
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM,
Ore-be-gone
...Well..The Ore-might-be-gone...but the ice isnt....Took a drive to Gilbert today...to find that most of the quarry is still ice covered...it has pushed off the shore and does not look very thick, but still covering 90% or so.  It was a pleasure to meet some of the guys from the Rochester Scuba Club..up there...they got blown off Lake Superior so decided to run up to Gilbert....The small bay off from the beach was open so they decided to do some valve and deco drills while down..and played on their scooters for a short while...Nice Group...look forward to seeing you all on the big lake this summer..
Deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM,
Re: Ore-be-gone
We were glad to find a place where we could get another dive in. 4 of us dove the Ely on thursday afternoon. It was a little rough but the vis was good. It was nice to meet you Dean.
05-03-2008, 06:03 AM,
So what's goin' on with the water level at Ore-be-gone now?  Is it down? Still dropping or back up?
Advanced Trimix, Experimental Russian Rebreather/KISS, A&P Aircraft Mechanic, Private Pilot, All around cool guy, Certified Arborist
05-03-2008, 06:10 AM,
It looked prettty low to me.
05-03-2008, 09:37 AM,
pretty low still....the beach entry still appears to be a giant stride and a crawl out...i had heard from Peggy ( an instructor from the range) that the water had gone down to the point of being lower that the beach drop off..it didnt look like it was that low at this point. 
05-03-2008, 09:40 AM,
I didnt put two and two together at the time...but after some thought...I have met some of you in the past...i think a few of your group stopped by the store this past fall after having some problems with your inflatable.. that group included Roger Southwick....say hi for me..
Deano
05-03-2008, 10:36 PM,
I'm sure Roger will see it here, but I'll pass it along next time I see him.