Remember me
Lost Password Register

Who in the area for Technical diving?
05-06-2008, 09:52 AM,
Who in the area for Technical diving?
As my interests have been shifting towards tech, I am looking for information on what resources are available int the general area.  What shops, groups or instructors go beyond recreational diving?  Feel free to plug yourselves and others.  I am asking about training available, equipment sales/service, mentoring, groups, clubs, associations or any other people/places involved. 
Dave
(If it helps, my goal is Great Lakes wrecks.)
05-06-2008, 02:52 PM,
Re: Who in the area for Technical diving?
going under dive center , located in osseo. i have gone all the way to trimix, and have dove the wrecks in the great lakes multiple times with them. they have tech gear as well as training all the way to rebreather. great instructors and prices.   your best bet is to stop into the shop, they have many trips already planned to dive the wrecks all over up there.
We take these risks, not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping us
05-06-2008, 05:37 PM,
SCUBA Dive and Travel, SCUBA Center and Air Down There SCUBA offer tech training as well. Check the dive shops page here for locations and details.
05-06-2008, 06:54 PM,
Thank you both for your reply, and for the link!  I don't know how I missed that :-[
I see there are a lot more in the area than I knew about.  I guess I will have to explore their websites for more information as far as technical goes.  I am sure I will be asking more questions.
Dave