Remember me
Lost Password Register

2008 Treasure Dive
05-18-2008, 07:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2008, 08:03 PM by DiverQueen.)
Re: 2008 Treasure Dive
Hey!  I got my first sun(almost)burn of the year!  It was a fun time, very well coordinated by the fine staff at Smith Diving.  Bricks were cleverly hidden under a bit of bottom, coins were hidden in weeds and occasionally visible on the sand.  Dinner B.B.Q. sandwiches, salad, chips and cookies were great!  My buddy won a nice new dive computer....you may see his old one for sale on the forum...right after he posts his missing snorkel!
Thanks again Lee and Sheila, fun times!  Keep up the good work!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-18-2008, 08:42 PM,
That was a fun way to kill a Sunday afternoon!  Thanks to all the Smith folk for the fine job keeping things so organized and making the day flow smoothly.  thanks to DQ for being a lucky #7 buddy! 

I've never won any of the BIG prizes before  -- that's pretty cool!!!  Now I have to figure out if I want to keep the new puter or not - I'm kind of attached to my air-integrated, but this one appears to have some nice functionality...

If anyone finds a clear flexible AquaLung/Technisub roll-up snorkel off the beach at Square, let me know!!!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
05-19-2008, 11:11 AM,
Thanks to everyone who attended the Treasure Dive this year.  Between the 60 divers, 20 + staff, and families we fed well over a hundred people.  It was a beautiful day and a great start to another dive season.
05-19-2008, 01:58 PM,
I too thought this event was a big success, especially with all the helpfull and courteous safety divers in the water.
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM,
[quote author=tullibee link=topic=4821.msg26946#msg26946 date=1211164968]

I've never won any of the BIG prizes before  -- that's pretty cool!!!  Now I have to figure out if I want to keep the new puter or not - I'm kind of attached to my air-integrated, but this one appears to have some nice functionality...

Hey John, If you decide to sell the Tusa wrist computer I know a guy who might buy it. My dive buddy Jeff has been using my Tusa IQ 700 for a few dives as his konked out (I won it at the treasure dive last year). Im trying to get him back into diving. If you decide not to sell that would be understandable as it is a rock solid computer. I Started to use mine for that second opinion to back up the Suunto Vyper and now I like it better than the Vyper. It just seems so much more user friendly. Come to think about it I may even switch the Tusa into my console and put the Vyper on my wrist. Congrats on winning it.

Thank you Smith diving for the great time we all had and I look forward to diving with you all more this year. John