Remember me
Lost Password Register

St. Cloud Divers
05-14-2008, 11:50 AM,
St. Cloud Divers
Hey Folks, this summer I will be moving to St. Cloud and just looking to see who dives a lot up there.  I'm kind of living up there half the time right now as it is but just getting back into the diving since the ice is off the lakes.  Also any info on dive shops would be helpful as I'm still new to the St. Cloud area.  I do know that I'm about 5 minutes away from the mine pits.

Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
05-14-2008, 11:57 AM,
Re: St. Cloud Divers
Quarry Park in St. Cloud is ok to dive at least once but it's not that great of a dive site.  Most of the quarries are very small and accessibility is a bit of pain unless you are diving the closest two to the parking lot and those two are extremely small.  The best diving closest to St. Cloud would be Crosby.
05-15-2008, 11:13 AM,
What about dive shops in the area?  Where I'm at in Burnsville, I'm 10 minutes away from four different dive shops and I really have no clue what their is in St. Cloud for diving.  I do know I will be 2 hours closer to diving the Crosby pits and I plan on getting up there a few times this year.  ;D
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
05-18-2008, 09:33 PM,
there a scuba place on 25th ave in st cloud....  underwatersports....
05-30-2008, 09:56 PM,
The dive store in St. Cloud is located on 25th Ave, about 1.5 miles north of Division, a block north of the railroad tracks.

As far as diving goes, I take my students to Quarry Park, which is located in Waite Park. I don't know the street or county road it is on, but it is about a mile south of division. Head south on the street that runs along the east side of menards until you come to the first stop sign, take a right (heading west), it will be about a 1/2 mile down the road on your left.

You will need to get a permit to dive in the park, they can be obtained from the local dive store at the park office.

FYI, the diving in the park is limited and gets old pretty quick since only 3 quarries are open to diving. Be prepared to carry your gear,the closest quarry is about a 1/4 hike.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201