Remember me
Lost Password Register

Kodak Easy Share z1085 IS-Underwater camera case!
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM,
Kodak Easy Share z1085 IS-Underwater camera case!
Been looking for an Underwater camera case for my camera.  This is a fairly new model so cases may not be available yet.  I have looked around and have not found anything yet.  Anyone know of a good company or site that may offer them.  Also I heard some places you can send in your camera or tell them what you have than they can make a custom one for you.
Thanks
05-18-2009, 07:51 PM,
Re: Kodak Easy Share z1085 IS-Underwater camera case!

If it's a new model, you are right that there may not be a housing currently available.  There are generic "housings" that are basically clear dry bags with a lens port built in that are supposed to be good to 60 ft.  I think they run about $30.  I've never used one, but wouldn't expect great pictures, and figure they may be better suited to snorkling than diving.

With my first digital camera 10 years ago, I sent it to Ikelite and had them create a custom housing for it.  That wasn't cheap though, it ran about $700.  It looks like Ikelite used to make housings for some Kodak cameras, but I don't see any reference to them on the web site any longer.  They appeared to be about $500.

Unfortunately after a quick search, I can't find any type of housing make specifically for Kodak cameras.  You may be limited to the "Dry bag" type of case.  Generally if you are looking to use a camera underwater, you should look to see what types of cases are available before you buy the camera.

Jeff
Jeff
05-19-2009, 06:54 AM,
Re: Kodak Easy Share z1085 IS-Underwater camera case!
Your best bet is to buy another camera that has an underwater housing.

Some cameras don't make good underwater shooters.  I'm not saying that's the case with your camera since I haven't done any research.  It's worth investigating the performance of your camera underwater before investing in a housing.
--Jason