Remember me
Lost Password Register

Kodak Easy Share z1085 IS-Underwater camera case!
05-18-2009, 07:51 PM,
Re: Kodak Easy Share z1085 IS-Underwater camera case!

If it's a new model, you are right that there may not be a housing currently available.  There are generic "housings" that are basically clear dry bags with a lens port built in that are supposed to be good to 60 ft.  I think they run about $30.  I've never used one, but wouldn't expect great pictures, and figure they may be better suited to snorkling than diving.

With my first digital camera 10 years ago, I sent it to Ikelite and had them create a custom housing for it.  That wasn't cheap though, it ran about $700.  It looks like Ikelite used to make housings for some Kodak cameras, but I don't see any reference to them on the web site any longer.  They appeared to be about $500.

Unfortunately after a quick search, I can't find any type of housing make specifically for Kodak cameras.  You may be limited to the "Dry bag" type of case.  Generally if you are looking to use a camera underwater, you should look to see what types of cases are available before you buy the camera.

Jeff
Jeff

Messages In This Thread
Re: Kodak Easy Share z1085 IS-Underwater camera case! - by jleech - 05-18-2009, 07:51 PM