Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tank refills at Orebegone
06-17-2008, 08:01 PM,
Tank refills at Orebegone
We need an update on where to have tanks refilled in the Gilbert/Virginia area.  We will be diving in the area for 10 days so will surely need refills.  Any help is appreciated.
06-18-2008, 12:01 PM,
Re: Tank refills at Orebegone
I am sorry to say that at this point in time..there is no place to fill your tanks.  We have a compressor up there, but having it manned and able to fill is another story.  We'll let you know when we can get it going....
Oops Did I really say that?????
06-18-2008, 09:43 PM,
Thank you for your response.  There was a nice guy who filled our tanks last year from a compressor in his garage, but I didn't know if that would still be available.  I guess we will have to visit Duluth regularly
06-19-2008, 11:08 AM,
Yeah--
Thats our compressor..at this point in time, we are trying figure out what its new location will be.  We are looking into the possiblity of a storefront upthere...

Ill let you know....
06-19-2008, 11:25 AM,
Many years ago I know in my hometown (before population and popularity could support a dive shop) the spot to go was the local outdoor sports/bait shop.  They had a compressor in back that one of the employees would go back and use to fill up the tanks.  Perhaps you could work out some kind of deal with the same type of place up there?  The advantage being that you wouldn't have to lease a space or hire anyone just train somebody there and work out the financial details.  Plus, places like that are already open on the weekend when most divers will be active up there.
Also, this is a completely self-serving post as I will be up there for the 4th of July and would love not having to drive to Duluth to refill. Wink
06-20-2008, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2008, 08:20 PM by aknelsonone.)
Interesting
So no one has figured out that compressors could be rented out?

I have Boosters to rent out if this helps

Well or we just do it the old fashion way rent the tanks.
However finding a place renting tanks can be a piece of work during dive season.

Andreas
Andreas
06-21-2008, 08:34 AM,
Are you making this statement with knowledge that there is someone that rents out portable compressors, or from the point of it being a good idea to buy huge one and start renting it?  Either way..i bet there would be a large liability. 

You rent boosters??.....are they O2 boosters..or what is your purpose for them...

Deano
06-23-2008, 08:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 08:41 PM by aknelsonone.)
Deano,
Are you suggesting filling tanks is dangerous?

date=1193369419
now the link works

Andreas
Andreas
06-23-2008, 09:10 PM,
I was diving there last Labor Day weekend and the dive store in Duluth, forgot the name, but Jay is the owner and he parks his 5th wheeler at the campground. Anyway, it seems that either Jay or the Instructor I spoke with our at the campsite pretty much every weekend and they had a compressor in the back of the truck.

At that time, they had about a dozen or so tanks waiting to be filled at that time from divers at the campsite. So you might want to check with Jay in Duluth to get his campsite number and find out if and when someone will be there.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
06-24-2008, 03:27 PM,
Andreas-
I couldnt get your link to work..and i am far too stupid to figure out why i cant get it to work...

I am assuming that it is a link to an accident of some nature.....

I actually wasnt implying anything with my statements...just very suprised if you currently know someone that is doing this...and asfor the booster..i saw some of your other posts as now see what your use is...

Dave-
When i use the word "We" I am for the most part referring to Jay and myself.  When i am talking about getting a compressor up there and running..i am talking about Jay's compressors. 
Unfortunately..at this point in time, the plan has not come together...

Thanks
Dean