Remember me
Lost Password Register

Aquarium Dives
08-12-2008, 04:02 AM,
Re: Aquarium Dives
I do not think that it would be problem it certainly would be a good time especially for one of your first dives. Brad
10-06-2008, 07:52 AM,
I used to work at Underwater Adventures in the MOA, so I had the opportunity to do the dive a few times.  It's a good middle of the winter dive 'fix'....It's cheaper if you buy a UWA membership.... and then you can go to the aquarium free for a year. 

On whether or not it counts as a 'logged dive'.... Well, I certainly would write it in my log book.  The max depth, btw, is 14 feet. 

10-09-2008, 08:51 PM,
Count it as a "logged dive"? Are you serious?

Want to rack some more logged dives? Join me under the ice this winter.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
10-28-2008, 05:21 AM,
How far in advance do you need to book such a trip ? My daughter and I would love to do some thing like this over winter break. I have alsoread in Sport Diver there is an aquarium in Georgia where you can dive with whale sharks and "other friends". $300 per diver.

Randy
10-28-2008, 08:10 AM,
Here is the link for the MOA dive. The site says advance reservations and payment required, but says to call for details. I believe they needed a minimum of 3-4 divers to run the event when we did it. I had a group of 4 so that was not an issue. I have never done the Great Lakes Aquarium. My buddy also did the tank down at Epcot Center. He said that he liked that better than the MOA dive, but the MOA is convenient and certainly enjoyable. The best part was that my family came and brought my young nieces to watch us from inside the tunnel. They thought that was pretty cool. At the end of the shark dive, you get to look for shark teeth on the bottom. You get to keep any that you find. I gave them all to my nieces, which they thought was even cooler.

10-28-2008, 11:09 AM,
I am coming up to MOA this weekend from SE Wisconsin and signed up for the dives.  I am the only one signed up right now and they need a minimum of 3.  Is there anyone else interested in doing the dives this weekend?  Please sign up if so.

Thanks
10-29-2008, 11:40 AM,
are you hoping for Saturday or Sunday?  I scored a certificate for the dive at the GLSPS show in the silent auction.  unfortunately, I'm still fighting a sinus infection at the moment so I'm not sure what my dive prognosis is for the weekend (I should be better by the weekend).  I've also got another event going on Saturday morning, but it's still a possibility since we should be done with that before lunch time!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
10-30-2008, 05:49 AM,
Either day would be fine with me.