Remember me
Lost Password Register

Special event for MNSCUBA members reminder
04-23-2003, 10:32 AM,
Special event for MNSCUBA members reminder
This is a reminder.

As many of you are already aware, Scuba Dive and Travel offers free weekly Wednesday night fun dives throughout the summer months. We would like to extend a special invite to MN Scuba members the evening of April 30th at square lake for a summer kickoff event. We will be providing free barbeque dinner, and would like to offer free tank rentals for MN Scuba members on that evening. Fun dives usually begin around 6:00pm and go throughout the night. Use of backplate and harnesses will be free if you would like to try one. For those interrested, please email me at scubadivetravel@qwest.net or call 612-823-7210. You do not need to commit at this time, I would just like to get an estimated head count for food and tank availability. Hope to see everyone there.

Happy Diving,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
04-29-2003, 08:28 PM,
Re:Special event for MNSCUBA members reminder
Sounds like a lot of folks will be there tommorow. Cool!! Looking forward to seeing and diving with everyone! ;D
04-29-2003, 09:52 PM,
Well, I've been a huge slacker in the dive community for the last year, I always seem to pick the most expensive hobbies. My jeep has been keeping my walet empty for a long time but,I finaly broke down and bought a reg and dry suit. I'll be at square lake tomorow to test it out for the first time, and test out a backplate system, I hope there some folks there that wouldnt mind me tagging along on a dive. I've only got a few dives under my belt though...
04-30-2003, 09:38 AM,
Say ScubaScoot , if you wish , you can go out with me!!!!
I just talked to Richard this morning , and he is trying to get into Golden Acres. If that is not open yet , we will mee at the county park!!!
See ya there...

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
05-01-2003, 09:30 AM,
Had an awesome time diving last night with SD&T. Richard brought out bp/w's to use. I didn't get the final count of people but it was near 20.
Thanks to Rich and SD&T for a wonderful evening. Diving and food were great!!!
Average water temp was about 51 degrees. (Quite tepid). Viz was pretty good.

See ya all on Saturday at Perch....

Jean ;D
05-01-2003, 10:14 AM,
Sounds like you had a good time Jean but..
51 degrees. (Quite tepid). I wonder about that..in my book 51 degrees is darn near (like my one daughter says) "friggen freezin' "
wait a minute.. this was hoodless Jean speakin Big Grin, tepid it was then
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-01-2003, 11:39 AM,
Thanks Fred for putting a big smile on my face!!! I even used wet gloves last night (7MM) and my fingers didn't even get cold!!! Maybe is was just a mental thing when I noticed the water at that "HIGH" temperature!!!

Anyway , thanks for the ;D

Jean
05-07-2003, 05:02 AM,
So what kind of suit do you wear on a 51 degree dive? 5 mil? 7 mil? As my diving history this far has been 74-85 degrees, I can't imagine jumping into a 45-55 degree body of water in just a wet suit. But then again, I've never tried it, so I can't speak too out of line.
-Dave
05-07-2003, 07:26 AM,
You can dive a wetsuit in 51 degree water but it is COLD. I dove Superior in a 7mil farmer john wetsuit last year in 39 degree water but it wasn't comfortable. Also, diving deeper like below 60 feet in a wetsuit becomes cold too because of the wetsuit compression factor. Personally now that I have a drysuit I probably won't dive my wetsuit until the water reaches at least 60 to 65 degrees and the air temp is 70 or above.
05-07-2003, 10:50 AM,
Was out at Square last night & the computers read 56 degrees. Toasty warm! Had a couple of Open Water students with 7MM suits on & they didn't get chilly at all.

Don't hesitate to come out tonight in a wetsuit; But you may want to bring a hood unless you're name is Jean. Wink

D