Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tank Color
07-14-2008, 04:29 PM,
Tank Color
I am looking at buying some AL80 tanks.  I am currently just diving recreationally, but plan on tech in the future.  I would like to then use these tanks for stages, etc and was looking for color advice.  What color would you recommend me to get my AL80s?

Thanks for you input!!
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM,
Re: Tank Color
HHMMMMMM-

I would stay away from Magenta or Mauve...i think the guys might poke fun of you.
Neon Green may not be too hot, but you could be easily seen while doing your 10ft and possibly your 20ft deco stops....

Personally.......i have a yellow one...and a black one....but the brushed aluminum tanks look pretty hot....and i have thought about that being my next tank....

Some folks out there dont give two turds about "looking good" and focus only on keeping there equipment in good working order....I like to think that I am stylish as well as safe... and therefore like my equipment to look good and match as well.  If i was in your postition...i would have to say i would go with Aluminum..it really makes for a nice looking tank.....most importantly...make sure they are property maintained and marked...

Have fun with it...and keep in mind....Bob Marleys would probably be rainbow colored....

Deano

Oops Did I really say that?????
07-14-2008, 04:58 PM,
labels matter more than color

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM,
I agree with Dean.  Go with the brushed aluminum. 
07-14-2008, 08:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2008, 08:11 PM by arcFlash.)
First, Hydro, WTH! Smile

Red makes you look like your diving a fire extinguisher.

Shot blast is the only way to go. If you don't believe me I'll send you paint chips and you can put them in your trunk as well.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
07-14-2008, 08:39 PM,
They have a new one called natural.  They don't do anything to it after it's made.
07-14-2008, 08:45 PM,
RE: Hydro....That must be for the 6 hour deco?!?!?

I don't even OWN that many tanks, much less be able to move with them on!  :o  So now I'm  jealous!  ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
07-14-2008, 09:04 PM,

Pretty funny photo... Look at the available light... Fairly close to the surface I would say. Now look below him... Pretty shallow I would say... WTF? maybe he just likes to look the part and if he needs to deco in 60' of H2O then I guess he needed to stay there for a while... Funny Photo!
07-15-2008, 09:36 AM,
Can you say............."CCR"

Pretty humorous photo.......
Oops Did I really say that?????
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM,
If he was a PSD he would not be able to get close enough to the bottom to find what hes looking for and if he did find it he cound not reach it. when your in the mud who cares what color the tanks are. can you think about how long it would take to clean the mud and loon poop of it.
grumpie............