Remember me
Lost Password Register

Help Wanted
08-06-2008, 11:10 AM,
Help Wanted
I run a golf ball recovery business and I'm looking for any divers interested in trying it.

I have courses scattered all around, mostly in the Mpls/St. Paul area.  Also Duluth, Rochester, Sioux Falls SD and Minot ND.  There are others and I'm working on expanding, so let me know even if those towns are out of your area.

It's hard, dirty work and your "dives" will average well under 10 feet.  You'll be paid by the ball, with potential for $30.00+ per hour.  It's contract work, so you'll have to provide all equipment and pay your own taxes, but you also get to set your own schedule if it will somewhat coincide with mine.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll provide more details.  Or just ask on this thread, there are probably others with the same question.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
08-06-2008, 11:16 AM,
Re: Help Wanted
How much per ball? What is your cut? What is the average  ball per hour? Do you clean them and re-sell them?
08-06-2008, 06:04 PM,
Six cents first day then seven cents per ball, my other divers average around 600 an hour.  They work about three or four hours a day not counting travel and setup.

I mostly contract dive for a company that does all the cleaning and reselling although I do have a couple courses that I pay.

And I might even be able to get you some Florida work at .08 a ball.  They need to replace the divers that the 'gators eat. Wink
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
08-07-2008, 07:00 AM,
I am interested if anything in the Black River Falls Wi area
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM,
A little better than average day.

Attached Files
.jpg   redstone cart.jpg (Size: 24.97 KB / Downloads: 131)
.jpg   redstone cart.jpg (Size: 24.97 KB / Downloads: 131)
08-18-2008, 09:34 PM,
I did my first Golf Ball Recovery dive with BallFrog today. 

What can I say....It violates all the "Rules" of scuba diving!

No Buddy, you go in alone.
Overweight yourself to stay down.  Get down and find the balls.
Get the bottom stirred up, the balls are sometimes hidden in the silt/muck!
Did I mention go dive, get wet and feel around for balls!  >Big Grin  WOW was that fun!!!  ;D

Now about those pesky leeches......

And dirt/mud in places you don't know how it got there!  Don't wear your favorite Swimtrunks or suit or B/C or reg or dive computer....And be sure to take off jewelry!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-19-2008, 03:32 PM,
What course did you guys dive?
08-20-2008, 04:40 PM,
with a recommendation such as Diver Queen gives to this enterprise, how can any one not want to dive for the balls?  Smile
08-20-2008, 05:33 PM,

I just enjoyed her description of the experience Tongue
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM,

I just enjoyed her description of the experience Tongue
[/quote]

She dove on Centerbrook.  I had to stand by and watch bubbles.  :'(

That's is a quite accurate description of the experience, but believe it or not, I think she's rarin to go again.  Not many will do it more than once, which is unfortunate, because it takes a few hours to get good at it. 

Some ponds are better than others, that one was middle of the road as far as muck goes.