Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving invite wanted
09-13-2008, 09:11 PM,
Ice diving invite wanted
Now that its mid September and the shadows are getting longer, the waters getting a bit colder, summer is coming to an end, I am getting stoked for the other diving season. Not that I want to wish the last warm days of this year away... but I cant wait until the water gets stiff. Drysuit-check, Weezlewear-check, Ice ready regs-check, Pony-check, Harness-check. I would like to tag along with any and all of you guys this winter. My schedule looks good for weekends from DEC 1st through March. I will have a 36" bar for my 5hp Husquevarna by then and a couple ice screws/ropes. I inherited a 7'x12' enclosed tandem axle Wells Cargo trailer that I want to use for Ice diving. It has two swinging doors at the back and one at the side. My thoughts are to make a quick set-up tent attached to the back that would cover the hole and the trailer would have the heater and gear. This may be so heavy that it might not work for early season or late season diving.

When you guys go Ice diving this year... Please post an invite on this site.
09-13-2008, 09:51 PM,
Re: Ice diving invite wanted
I'm looking forward to it already too! Will post when Blue Wave sets dates, we had a great time last winter on Minnetonka wrecks.
Lee
10-29-2008, 08:40 PM,
Re: Ice diving invite wanted
I will be offering an Ice Diving class through Going Under Dive Center on January 24th & 25th. Divers will be required to wear a drysuit though.

It will be open to ice certified divers also.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201