Remember me
Lost Password Register

video from river this past weekend (tons of fish)
08-21-2008, 06:48 AM,
Re: video from river this past weekend (tons of fish)
you said you maxed out at 10ft is that behind the dam. how deep is it there?at winni..
ahhhh decisions. im soo tempted to make a trip up there. but i realy shouldnt for so many reasons i cant even begin. ahh this hobby is an addiction, i can feel my toes twitching. i doubt a local dip will saticfy after i saw those videos!
anyone else up for splitting two tanks of gas to go?
stephen
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-21-2008, 11:24 AM,
The deepest area at big winnie is a bit away from the dam.. the dam has a flat concrete table that goes for maybe 50' or so away from the base (water there is about 1' deep) and then the water flows over a rock/concrete wall.. that area is mostly about 6 ~ 7'.. maybe maxes out at 10, but that might be a stretch.  It's just along that wall where the most fish congregate, but there are fish all along the shore.. which is maybe 3 ~ 7' deep for the most part.

here's a picture of Phelps Mill.. the current in the center of the river flows away from the dam (obviously), and the current along the shore flows towards the dam.  We sometimes snorkel right up next to the dam under the white water.  It looks pretty intimidating but it's not that bad.  Just have to get up the courage to do it the first time.
Fred

Attached Files
.jpg   Phelps.jpg (Size: 172.28 KB / Downloads: 107)
.jpg   Phelps.jpg (Size: 172.28 KB / Downloads: 107)
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-21-2008, 11:27 AM,
here's the dam at Ottertail:

Attached Files
.jpg   ottertail.JPG (Size: 146.15 KB / Downloads: 71)
.jpg   ottertail.JPG (Size: 146.15 KB / Downloads: 71)
08-22-2008, 07:19 AM,

S**T im pissing my shorts just looking at the pictures! but it looks awsome.... id jump but only after i saw another crazy do it first!.

say i didnt know the ottertail had stergeons! how big do they run? i asume that this water system drains into the red river of the north.

also odd question im also in search of monster shebbies(sheephead) localy they rarely exceed 12-15inches, but i know some of our rivers get them up into the 28+inche range!
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
08-22-2008, 07:28 AM,
ive been trying to add pictures to the mnscuba album. but i this works... what your looking at is a larger flattie one of my boys caught on the river. caught on a broken rod with a cracked guide tip. i couldnt beileve we actualy landed it! he set the drag low. i was wading in the water expecting to hand grab a small channel. he yelled at me to get a net as he could tell it was big... after a long long battle of the fish coming in running out and back and forth. with 5 people pointing lights into the water and no one seeing anything the second it came up we all exhalled ...oh me godness...xxxxx...xx. i swooped the net. the line went limp. every one thought we lost it. only thing was it was in the net. as we draged it up on shore it just kept getting bigger. (but hes caught bigger).. never the less this years largest flattie.

steph.

Attached Files
.jpg   P8030194 joes big flattie sm share.jpg (Size: 595.65 KB / Downloads: 95)
08-22-2008, 09:12 AM,
that is one pig of a fish!