Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pike Lake, Hermantown, MN
08-26-2008, 01:26 AM,
Re: Pike Lake, Hermantown, MN

im more scared of getting run over than anything. on the metro lakes some clowns will target you, trying to play a game of cat and mouse to see how close they can get to running you over.and then laugh it up, when you give them the pissed off look.... im in the search for the optimum rope to dangle that will perfectly wrap a typical 70-200hp inboard/outboard prop-blade. ideal design would be somewhat similar to the square rope style just one cell deep. made with perhaps 1/2 inch high grade poly. streach this out 100ft from your boat on break away sytem.i think outboard repair shops would problably pay a bounty reward on every lower unit tosted from such a system. i have heard rumors of people setting up small rock piles in the attempt to keep speed boaters off from there swimming areas.(and ive heard of repair shops willing to pay cash no questions asked under the table rewards to those crazied bounty hunters that build these lowerunit traps.)...other option is to cary a watter proof flare safty gun, and signal when you come to the surface.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-15-2008, 04:01 PM,
What would stop you from coming to the surface and then tipping over the boat on the A-Hole or poke a hole in the bottom of the boat with your dive knife?  Who are the cops going to listen too?  Drunk boater breaking the dive flag law or scuba diver that was attacked by a drunk boater?
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM,
The only down side to your theory is that propeller baldes are bigger and faster than any dive knife!  :o

And the boats they pilot tend to be 18 feet or longer and have solid bottoms with 150+ HP motors!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!