Remember me
Lost Password Register

Treasure Hunt 2007- 08 (lure collection)
09-02-2008, 08:03 AM,
Treasure Hunt 2007- 08 (lure collection)
I've really gotten into collecting lost fishing lures the last few years.. I'm acquiring quite a colorful collection.

I really enjoy following a broken fishing line.. come to a big steel leader.. and seeing what there is.. just a plain old hook? a bright new red eye? or an old rusty daredevil.. just a lot of fun for me.

here's some of what I've found...

Cold and dark down there huh?
09-02-2008, 08:38 PM,
Re: Treasure Hunt 2007- 08 (lure collection)
Gee, I only found a few lures last time.  But the face on the person on the fishing pier...Priceless!  No, I didn't have her lure.  It was just that "What the F***?"  expression when I came up!

That's a super collection Fred.  Have you tried to add up the value of all of them?  You have "Rapala Central" right there!  NICE!  Smile
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
09-02-2008, 09:23 PM,
sad thing is, I don't even fish Sad . yah, probably a fair amount of $ worth.. and that's not the lot of it.  They sure are colorful..
09-03-2008, 12:30 AM,
what is the most typical object that collects lures, if you had to guess? rocks? logs?
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
09-03-2008, 06:54 AM,
mostly submerged trees or stumps, rocks, miscellaneous junk, and other fishing line.. in that order I'd say.
07-17-2009, 11:04 AM,
New to the site and just came across this now. That is a very impressive seasons worth. We have a dam that we go to alot and when were there on the weekend my brother and I pretty much race each other down to find the hooks lost the day before. Is there a certain area you go to? Maybe a dam, reef, river hole, or a couple different spots. I saw some musky hooks too, so you're obviously diving where they are. Have you seen one in the water before? I haven't yet but can't wait to see a 50 incher floating next to me.
07-19-2009, 10:52 PM,
yeah, there is certain areas I go to.. rivers for sure, they're the best... anywhere that has a lot of rip-rap is good, so below dams can be good.  the trouble is finding places that have half way decent visibility.

And yes, I've swam with a lot of muskies.. some pretty good sized ones too.
07-21-2009, 09:00 AM,
Very cool. Can't wait to see a big musky.