Remember me
Lost Password Register

Milwaukee diving
10-19-2008, 10:04 AM,
Milwaukee diving
Not local diving, and maybe not a real distant location, kind of in-between. Left Woodbury about 6:00am Sat. for the drive over to Milwaukee. Got there about 11:00am grabbed a bite to eat the over to the dock to wait for the boat (MollyV).
Have never dove in Lake Michigan so we where really looking forward to this trip. I made the trip with a fellow RB diver (Jim M) who I took my RB training with and have done several dives with this past season. Including a Isle Royale trip on the Blackdog.
Had a full boat but the MollyV handled 4RB divers and 2 OC divers without any trouble. The OC divers where diving doubles with stages and the RB diver had thereĀ  bailout bottles, still the MollyV handle all this well. Even gearing up went fine for all.
Dove on the Emba and the St. Albans both dives in the 160ft range. Vis was great, maybe as much as 100ft almost reminded me of ocean diving. On both dives we had a bottom time of 20min with another 20 more or less in deco. Temp on the bottom was 44 degrees with a thermocline down to 68ft.
This trip will most diffidently be on my "to do list" for next season. But will most likely make it a 2 days of diving trip. Too much driving for one day. Arrived back home just after 2:00am sunday.
For more information on the dive boat and the wrecks, check out Jitka's web site @
Later, dive dive dive Al
Rebreathers: 3 Megs 1 Inspiration (Me)