Remember me
Lost Password Register

Forum offline
10-27-2008, 03:13 PM,
Forum offline
I logged into mnscuba this morning and found that the forum was offline.  I'm not sure how long it was unavailable.  I wasn't able to pinpoint the technical problem after a few hours of troubleshooting.  I ended up reapplying the latest forum software upgrade and that fixed the problem.  I believe that some software upgrades were applied to the VPS host this weekend.  One of those upgrades may have impacted the forum software.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
--Jason
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM,
Re: Forum offline
Jason,
As holder of the record for the most time online, I can't begin to tell you how painful it was to not be able to go on the site.  :'(  Thanks so much for fixing the glitch!  ;D

Thanks man, I was wondering if it was a problem with my computer.  There was a major virus unleashed on Friday.  Microsoft has a repair available online!~  Good Luck.
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
10-27-2008, 04:04 PM,
Re: Forum offline
As a follow up technical note, the VPS host added storage to the server this past weekend.  It is possible that some of the forum files became corrupted during this storage upgrade process.  Reapplying the latest forum software update probably "fixed" these corrupted files.  This type of data corruption was more apparent on the wiscuba.com site. Both sites are good now. The pool is open again.
--Jason