Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pee valve for Dry suit
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM,
Pee valve for Dry suit
Recently purchased a dry suit and used it a couple of times with success. I'm planning some Northshore wreck dives and the subject "Pee Valve" came up. Should I or not? Or is it the diaper?

Scubadoo
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM,
Re: Pee valve for Dry suit
How long are you planning on staying down?  There are a lot of wrecks that can be done in rec limits.  Unless you are doing deco and planning to be down for a long time, I don't see the need for a p-valve.
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM,
if you plan on using a p-valve, you better plan on it failing at some point.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
07-08-2010, 10:24 PM,
When they work, pvalves are really great. Once you get the "rigging" worked out they are pretty reliable. But start with a diaper and see how often you really need it before jumping to a valve.  You don't have to "wear" the diaper - tape and all - just shove it into place - the undies and drysuit will hold it in place.  Pee slow.
Dan L
07-09-2010, 06:07 AM,
I love the P valve!  been lucky an had NO bad things happen.  If you spen lots of time in your drysuit go for it.  Can make diving way more comfortable.  Not a great idea for 30 min in an out dives! 
Second note is teh Catheders like to be on for the better part of the day!  You wont be happy if you take it off a hour after putting it on :'( :o 
Jeff
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM,
I'm a fan of the P-valve. I like getting into my suit and staying there if possible. I'll float around near shore for and hour or so SIT to stay cool and the float is more relaxing then a chair and you can still talk to the land lubbers. All day ice dives are a dream with a valve. Diving off small boats means no balancing at the stern.

I've never had a problem with it leaking. I did pick up a UTI but that was easily fixed and root cause was a cleaning issue in the quick connect check-valve. I drilled that part out so cleaning is more complete. I replace the Norprene hose with clear tube so a visual as well.

I agree with Jeff and add Rochester Medical Wide Band are peerless.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.