Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cleanup dives
04-24-2004, 05:48 PM,
Re:Cleanup dives
A coulple of things: I just got cited for diving without a permit in a Minneapolis lake. Another threat the goofball made on us was that we were performing illegal salvage.(I have a feeling he was not having the best day) He didn't cite us for that (what a good guy :Smile) But it may be an issue. I still plan to pull out every bit of junk I find, but it makes me wonder if I shouldn't stash it on shore and pick it up later that night. He confiscated the bottles and the old wooden barrel I found (which is probably stinking up his car pretty good right about now ;D) He even took the trash. I'm sure it was just him on a power trip, but it could potentially be an issue. Thats what I know, S.dog76
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-24-2004, 07:11 PM,
Scubadog76, What a bummer.

I wonder if he was more sensitive because of the death yesterday. Was he "all business" from the beginning, or did it turn that way.

I heard about a group of divers getting cited for Ice diving without a dive flag.

Which lake were you on?

I know that MN also has a statue that only allows 4 divers under a single flag?
04-25-2004, 09:49 AM,
It was on lake Calhoun. He was trying to write tickets like he was entering a raffle. MAKA and I watched him hastle a home owner about putting wood chips down w/o a landscaping permit permit.(honestly, wood chips) The first time he talked to us I told him you didn't need a permit anymore. He the got on the phone and called all around trying to nail us. From that point, it was 2 hours later when we got our tickets. He waited there the whole time. Imagine, the nerve of us trying to use the parks and recreation for, well, recreation.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
04-25-2004, 09:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2004, 09:56 AM by scubadog76.)
Oh another thing. Wal*mart has the best mesh bags. They have handles and can hold a ton of weight. They're $2.50 or so and they keep them by the dishes and stuff. Theres your consumer tip for the day.
04-26-2004, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2004, 08:37 AM by Al.)
I was also told you no longer needed permits to dive in Mpls lakes. I tried to get one last year and couldn't find anyone at the city or park and rec to explain the process. How much was the ticket? Are you going to fight it?

opps, I just found the "in need of legal help" thread.
-Thanks
04-28-2004, 02:04 PM,
I will look into the mesh bags

permits should not be a problem as I am being assisted by the city ( I work in their MIS dept. no diving = nosurfing ;D )
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !