Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scubavidz.com
12-05-2008, 09:46 AM,
Scubavidz.com
Hi, I was just looking for videos of divers that I could download and watch during breaks at work and I ran into this site. it has tons of videos that are in some format that I cant figure out how to save yet. Cool to watch them on the site though.

12-05-2008, 12:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM by arcFlash.)
Re: Scubavidz.com
You probably don't want to go through the effort to save them off. They are FLV format.

Use Firefox, go to the page with the embed video, open Page Info. Scroll through the assets for something like

(it's the one I picked)

Now you need to find something that cracks the googleplayer.swf (say )
Read the code and figure out how the file is called. You only need to do this once to find out how. Call the flv from the address bar without registering it with flash player, probably uninstall Flash.dll, save the file when asked to Run or Save. You will then need something to run it local. Say,

You could also install WireShark to monitor the pid and look though the trace for the flv address and just ask to save it. That avoids decompiling google.swf.

By the way, this is probably stealing but I don't know internet law. So use this info at your own risk, seriously. I know cracking googleplayer is bad and against the advice of sothink.com. I use this stuff to support legacy content when we lose source so that's why I know how it works.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM,
Thanks Steve, I That stuff is way over my head. I just look at sites during lunch that have files that will work on my work computer with out downloading "special" programs.
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM,
That's cool. I was just providing a solution. I didn't know how technical or motivated you wanted to get.
12-05-2008, 03:21 PM,
As far as computers go... I am lucky to find this website everyday. Smile
12-05-2008, 03:36 PM,
He is a lot like me. Im lucky to get it to turn on twice in a row.
grumpie....
12-05-2008, 03:45 PM,
I don't like technology but it pays then bills. I don't use pc's at home unless I have too.