Remember me
Lost Password Register

Christmas list
12-09-2008, 10:19 AM,
Christmas list
So what dive gear is on everyone's Christmas list this year?

I already received my Christmas present: an Inon strobe, Inon macro lenses and UCLS arm for my camera. Very happy camper!
--Jason
12-09-2008, 10:50 AM,
Re: Christmas list
I can dive with the gear I have so I don't want anything for xmas. But... If I had space to store everything and I didn't need to justify it, I'll take a tri-mix computer, A scooter and a Metal Detector.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-09-2008, 11:17 AM,
I am happy with diving with what I have for this year, but if santa wanted to, he could bring me one of those "wrist metal detectors" made by Aurora. These are not very practical as they need to be almost touching the metal before it signals from what I have heard but it would look less conspicious in a country that frowns on metal detectors being used while diving... (Mexico and Ireland) Here is a link to a site that carries the Aurora. (where I bought my two detectors)

If Santa cant find the Aurora online, he could get me a plane ticket to Ireland for a dive trip. (28 Spanish Galeons wrecked just off the coast near Doolin Ireland)
12-09-2008, 01:14 PM,
John, a 365 cu/ft cyl. of nitrogen for your inflatable boat might be nice. Then you dont have to fill it up as often when the temp changes.
grumpie.......
a very niceĀ  thing to hang on the wall last night.
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2008, 03:52 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Congratulations on the wall hanging! You deserve more of them than you get credit for!
12-09-2008, 05:53 PM,
I have requested gift certificates from a LDS. I will have to wait and see what I get to determine what I buy.
12-11-2008, 09:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Hello all, I just wanted to tell you all about a good thing that happened the other day at Smith Diving... My mother stopped into Smith Diving to pick up something for my birthday present. With her knowing very little about diving, she did not know what to get me. She introduced herself to Lee and said she was Johns Mom. She then asked Lee "what dive gear doesnt John have?" Lee being a customer service oriented dive shop owner, checked into his memory bank and told her that I didnt have a "See me Buoy" yet. With my mom, always concerned with my safety, she thought this would be a good addition to my dive gear and she bought it for me. While she was there she met Lees family and she was impressed how well she was treated. Only one word of advice for Lee that If any other of my family members come in wondering what to get me... Just tell them that I dont have a re-breather yet... Thank you again and happy holidays to all.

Ps. The card that came with the gift was a picture of broken ice taken at Shovel Point near Tettegouche and on the inside said something to the effect: "Hope you have a great year whether it is in ice water or 'hot water'." Dive humor...