Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice block while diving
01-22-2009, 07:22 AM,
Re: Ice block while diving
So all this talk about ice, lets get a day out on Milacs or somthing!  I will be over that way in two weeks or so.  Even Spetacal By Isanti would be good.  I used to live there An need to pick some Amsoil prodocts up once in a while.
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
01-22-2009, 09:41 AM,
This topic has lead to some interesting communication. I think the real value in this whole website is the level of communication that it brings to the diving community. Good job people! Keep communicating things that work and things that dont so we all can learn. Some one told me once that we can learn more from a near miss than we can from a fatality... John
01-22-2009, 12:39 PM,

Speaking from exp. it is alot easier to learn on the web than from a near miss 8)

John truck and gear packed and rfd(ready for departure) on your arrival! Lets go diving  my goal is at least 5 dives
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM,
Couple weeks ago Archflash and I went out for a dive on Green Lake (between Princeton and Cambridge).  We cut the hole profile, then broke that down into 3 smaller sections, finished cutting the ice and pulled the blocks out by hand.  No big deal, it took about 15 minutes to cut the hole and get the blocks out.  We were diving in shallower water, but when it came time to cover the hole, we just pushed the 3 pieces of ice back into the hole and presto, done.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201