Remember me
Lost Password Register

After Dive - Rinse Thought
05-30-2002, 09:24 AM,
After Dive - Rinse Thought
OK, I was thinking about the upcoming Crosby dive and the red silt/dust that everyone is talking about and I came up with an idea that I'd like your opinions on.<br><br>Is there any reason you couldn't go to a do-it-yourself car wash and use the rinse setting to rinse off the gear? I'm not saying you should pressure wash the gear, but a lot of car washes have a pre-soak or spot-free rinse which is very light pressure. This way, you could wash your vehicle and your scuba gear for $5.00!<br><br>I bought one of those rolling clothes hangers from Target and thought I could just hang my gear up, rinse it all down and place it in the tub.<br><br>OK, what do you think?
05-30-2002, 09:35 AM,
Re: After Dive - Rinse Thought
Good idea.  As far as the Crosby thing goes...come to think of it, all of my gear is black so I don't have to worry about the red stains.   Tongue
07-10-2002, 07:28 PM,
Re: After Dive - Rinse Thought
Guys,<br>I purchased a battery operated Coleman shower from Target ($25.00) Hooked it up to the Coleman 5 gallon water container and rinsed my hair (and Jerry's) then all my gear. <br>Works Perfectly.<br>I then stow my gear in a 45 gallon Rubbermaid wheeled tote, when I get home I hang it up in the garage.<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............