Remember me
Lost Password Register

Turks & Caicos
01-01-2009, 10:22 AM,
Turks & Caicos
Hey Gang! Looking for some info on the Turks & Caicos. Basic stuff what island does everyone like? Were to stay? Dive sites ,etc.Anything would help. Thanks And Happy New Year!!!    tfish
01-01-2009, 12:30 PM,
Re: Turks & Caicos
Can I also, suggest talking to dive shop personnel. They usually have someone that has experienced the "out of ordinary" dive location.

Dan
01-01-2009, 02:38 PM,
My family stayed in Provo 3 or 4 years ago.  We stayed in a VRBO, where the owners lived upstairs.  We dove with Dive Provo and they were good.  There was one crabby instructor with a class on the boat and I did not appreciate her attitude! (she did later apologize).  We had also talked to Caicos Adventures. Since this was to be the first ocean dives for our newly certified adult sons, they said we had to hire an instructor to guide us, so we did not use them.  The weather was colder than usual and these fronts had a negative impact on the diving.  We got their bus system passes but it was a pretty unreliable service so we often just walked.  The locals involved in the tourist trade are friendly, witty and very knowledgeable about US politics.  Some nice shopping in town and very good food, especially the grouper sandwitches.
enjoy!
01-01-2009, 07:23 PM,
I know Caicos got hammered pretty hard by a hurricane this summer. You might want to do some reserch on the condionss of the hotels, resorts before you book anything.
01-01-2009, 08:51 PM,
One of my buddies did the Turks & Caicos Aggressor live aboard!  He really enjoys the 5 dives a day plus night dives.  Crew who know how to GENTLY handle his camera gear.  Great food, Great service, Nitrox on board.  You can also plan ahead and do continuing certifications while you are on the ship, for example U/W photography, Night, deep, Nitrox...

Good Luck and have fun!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!