Remember me
Lost Password Register

PADI Cancun
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM,
PADI Cancun
Does anyone have any recommendations for PADI dive shops in the Cancun area? My 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter and I need to finish our open water training. We are going to Cancun in March.
01-24-2009, 05:50 PM,
Re: PADI Cancun
Hi gmb.. welcome to the board!

do you know where you are staying in cun?  they might have a dive op right there.  If you are going south of cancun, I know a good dive shop about 40 minutes out of town.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
01-24-2009, 06:47 PM,
Last year we used Mayan Aqua Divers   Ben is your contact/owner.  Sons did their AOW certification with them and we also did wreck, night and cenote dives.  He will work hard to accommodate.  They usually will pick you up at your hotel dock.  He is located on the beach, connected with the International time share complex.  He got us a good condo there.  We were pleased with his services.
01-26-2009, 07:16 AM,
We are staying at Royal Solaris on the south end of Kukulean Blvd. It appears that it is near the airport.

Thanks,
Gene
01-26-2009, 09:01 AM,
I don't think the dive shop I was thinking about will work out from where you're staying.  I know "scuba cancun" is in the hotel zone on Kukulcán from doing an internet seach and I would bet there are other dive shops that will be right close by.  I know when you're staying at an all inclusive it's tough to spend day trips away from all the free food and drinks and that's what it would entail to get yourself to some of the dive shops down south.
best of luck to you.. and don't forget when you get back into this area, that our diving is just as good as mexico's except this time of year and even then, some would argue that. Wink .. yeah, right....
Cold and dark down there huh?
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM,
Mayan Aqua Divers is on the north end-across from Isla Mejeres and they schedule their dives in the waters between Isla and Cancun.  It would probably be too far.