Remember me
Lost Password Register

5 Shipwreck DVD set
02-09-2009, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2009, 10:10 AM by arcFlash.)
5 Shipwreck DVD set
I happened across a 5 DVD set of Shipwreck videos at Best Buy for $16.99. Total footage is list as 10 hours! I couldn't pass it up. It's an old program called "The Last Frontier" Copyright list 85-89 but information in the video shows at least 1990. 5 DVD each have 5 programs (I think 30 minutes each) plus bonus footage.

I watched one DVD last night about the Great Lakes. Emperor, Ireland, Mary Cog something.... The footage is from the 80 so it's not great but it's already worth the money if you want shipwreck footage from around the world.

Interesting historical perspective on gear. No BC, no octo. One of the regs is the vintage one from an old post. These guys are at 210 on an AL80 full of air! Anyway, I'll recommend that if you have $16 in your pocket to help the economy and get a copy.

The Oakdale store had 2 more on the shelf.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM,
Re: 5 Shipwreck DVD set
I received this 5 disc set for Christmas, and you are right that it is not great video quality but it is interesting to pick out what is no longer "acceptable dive practice".
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM,
Ow, Ow, Ow, don't twist my arm so hard....I had to go get it and see for myself!  I had a couple $3 coupons for Best Buy from certain snack foods, so I got a little discount!

Beautiful reef footage in some of the dives....Better than the sloppy brown grass outside this time of year!    ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
02-11-2009, 01:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2009, 01:35 PM by arcFlash.)
"sloppy brown grass" LOL (I need to use that line)

Is that yard grass or dive memories?
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-11-2009, 05:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2009, 05:10 PM by DiverQueen.)
Tanks for reminding me about the "yard that needs mowing" down in Louise pit!!!   8)

Ugh, you're right on the second part too....Milfoil does look nasty at the end of the dive season  :Smile
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!