Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where to get tank hydro'd?
02-09-2009, 12:14 PM,
Where to get tank hydro'd?
I'm planning to buy a couple tanks in the next few days that are just out of hydro.  Where is a good place (at a fair price) to have a couple steel tanks hydro'd?

02-09-2009, 02:32 PM,
Re: Where to get tank hydro'd?
I bring mine to my dive shop and they send them out on Thursday and get them back in a week. I assume my store them vips and fills them with the air/ean I asked for.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-09-2009, 07:37 PM,
That reminds me, I’ve got a tank or two I need to take in for Hydrostatic testing. The only shop I know in Minnesota that actually does their own Hydrostatic testing is Minnesota School of Diving up in Brainerd.  Most shops send them out.  I have had good luck with All Safe on Washington Avenue North, near downtown Minneapolis.  They are a full service tank facility.  They really know what they are doing, and most important, they know how to do a “+” test on LP steel tanks.  In addition to Hydros, they also do Tumbling of steel cylinders and Eddy Current tests on aluminum tanks.  When done, you can also get from them an air fill.  They also provide VIP stickers, but you might need to remind them if you don’t get one, since they often forget, for there really is no legal reason to have them on one’s cylinders (though I’m sure a few dive shops may disagree).  Their turn around is great, usually a day or two.  I suspect most Twin Cities Area shops send tanks there, or to similar facilities.  - Kirk
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM,
I bring mine to on Washington Ave in Minneapolis, just north of downtown. They do the testing in Wyoming Mn I believe, but you call contact them for the straight poop.
                                                                Al
02-09-2009, 09:37 PM,
I'll call all safe tomorrow.  I did call a bunch of scuba shops and got prices from $30 for VIP and Hydro to almost $60 for the same service.
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM,
If you take it to a LDS you can get it Hydro, VIP and filled at the same time, which is not alway possible at the hydro shop. you will have to take it there and pick it up and hope that its ready when you get there. if you are using steel, do you check to see if it was dried right before it was filled there. I have had some with surface rust on them when I got them back and had to whip them.
Its really nice to let the LDS do that so that you don't have those troubles, all you have to do p/u and go diving. saving 20-30 dollars is not worth it some times.
grumpie.....:
02-14-2009, 06:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2009, 06:31 PM by aknelsonone.)
Tank hydro
Local shop does it as long as it is a regular tank. All-Safe does it, like ScubaAl mentioned.
Had some trouble to get tanks with M18x1.5 tested. Two of the regular Hydro tester had no adaptors.
We have 3 choices in MN around the metro I found.
MSD in Brainerd does the hydro and VIP and is equipped for unusual tanks.

Andreas
Andreas