Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lil River Dive rEvo
02-10-2009, 11:07 AM,
Lil River Dive rEvo
On the way back from Pompano Beach, Fl trimix wreck diving, I stopped by Little River to get some more time on the rEvo CCR and see how it compared in the caves verse open water.

It was a bit rough getting going in the morning, waking up to frozen water pipes in Lauraville where the temperature dipped to 18f overnight.  But the sun was shining and it was a good day to go diving at Little River...I was surprised at how low the water level was at both Little River (see picture) and Peacock (all three pools are distinctly separate).  It must have been the cool temperatures as I was the only diver at Lil River - until noon when it warmed up, and once again I was surprised at the number of CCR's ( 2 inspirations, 1 meg and my rEvo to 6 open circuit divers).

I spent about an hour in the system checking my weighting, trim, and stage bottle positions.  The flow was moderate, visibility was great and the water was about 40 degrees warmer than the air when I went in.

My impressions on the rEvo are very good so far with the low profile, clean harness in front and excellent breathing characteristics.  I will be heading down to cave country again in a couple weeks to do some more cave diving and perhaps will have some uw photos next time.

For those interested in trying the rEvo in the pool I do have a CCR demo at GUDC on February 22nd 9-12 Q&A and 1-3 Pool.  Along with the rEvo I will have the Meg and the Inspiration.

Good Diving

Deep Thought

Start with training, continue with adventures.
02-10-2009, 11:13 AM,
Re: Lil River Dive rEvo
Little River, looking into the spring pool from the stairway leading to parking lot.

Attached Files
.jpg   Lil River.jpg (Size: 431 KB / Downloads: 66)
.jpg   Lil River.jpg (Size: 431 KB / Downloads: 66)
Start with training, continue with adventures.