Remember me
Lost Password Register

rEvo Rebreather Forum / Demo Feb. 22nd
02-12-2009, 09:54 PM,
rEvo Rebreather Forum / Demo Feb. 22nd
I'm hosting a Rebreather Forum on February 22nd 9-12 which will include rEvo, Inspiration and Megalodon, then Pool Demos 1-4 pm.

If you find the rEvo to be your choice of CCR, you can sign up for a rEvo CCR level 1 diver training at GUDC with dives to follow at High Springs Florida April 28-30th.

Tonight I was in GUDC's pool with another CCR diver who is getting ready for a CCR Cave Diver course in High Springs.  The goal was to streamline stage bottles, reels, etc.. This got me thinking about posting a few of the things that impress me most about the rEvo compared to the Meg or Inspiration.

The rEvo - as I have set it up with backplate / harness is totally clean in front, the profile from front to back is considerably thinner as the unit has counterlungs inside the back shell, the scrubber has essentially the same amount of sorb but is lower profile, the loop hoses are more flexible with an easier open/close DSV, the unit has the simple reliable constant flow like the KISS or Copis...

Pictures to follow

contact Going Under Dive Center 763-424-8717 to sign up for this CCR Forum / Demo

Good Diving

Deep Thought
Start with training, continue with adventures.
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM,
Re: rEvo Rebreather Forum / Demo Feb. 22nd
How compares the Evo1 with other units mentioned regarding WOB? 

Andreas
Andreas
02-17-2009, 03:18 PM,
Re: rEvo Rebreather Forum / Demo Feb. 22nd
I know Paul has statistics on his website regarding WOB, but my experience is human trials on several of the rebreathers that I have owned and trained divers on.  This is subjective, but my opinion is that the easiest breathing units are units with Over The Shoulder Counter Lungs like the Meg or Ambient Pressure line of Inspo/Evo, and the Back Mounted Counter Lungs like KISS Sport / Classic and rEvo have more resistance in varying attitudes underwater.  Units I have dove but not owned so I don't have the same time in water like the Mk 15 or CCR 500 back mounted are somewhat improved, however they are much higher profile.  This said, my impression on the rEvo is that it has a very easy/moderate WOB compared to others, and has some key features like easy adaption to add off-board gas, very low profile with totally clean front harness, and unique scrubber that allows you to dump half of the scrubber and maintain 50% new each cycle are features that bring this unit to the front. 

I will be doing a week of CCR cave in N. Florida soon, and some off shore Trimix Wreck dives with the rEvo, so more experiences to post soon.

Regards

Ron
Start with training, continue with adventures.