Lost Password Register

DAN Members
03-12-2003, 02:57 PM,
DAN Members
How many users here are members of DAN?

If you are not, why not?
03-12-2003, 03:21 PM,
Re:DAN Members
I guess I am not because I am not sure what DAN is all about. Diving insurance? Please edgumcate me! ;D
-Thanks
03-12-2003, 03:24 PM,
I am for the insurance.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
03-12-2003, 03:24 PM,
I'm a DAN member! Smile
03-12-2003, 03:33 PM,
I've never checked into it.. I guess I've always figured I scuba so little it didn't matter.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-12-2003, 03:48 PM,
You can read all abou it here

Short story :

DAN Provides Services No Diver Should Be Without
For only $29 per year ($44 for a family), you can take advantage of DAN membership benefits that help make you a safer, more informed diver and traveler.

Help in Diving Emergencies
As diving's safety net, DAN's 24-hour diving emergency hotline provides assistance in the event of a dive-related injury. Your DAN membership helps support this vital service, which protects all divers. And, as a DAN Member with DAN insurance, you receive the added benefit of having your membership and insurance records in one place: at DAN. As a DAN member with a dive medical problem, your treatment, evacuation, and insurance can be coordinated with a single telephone call to Your Dive Safety Association.

They have other things you can pay for that will provide you with other insurance things. Like if you get sick and are unable to go on a dive trip.

I thought everybody would have it.

PS: My wife used to process all the checks for DAN members right here in MN!
03-12-2003, 06:17 PM,
I agree that no diver should go without DAN, especially if leaving the country... but it is so not $29 a year. Try $50 if you're not a "professional". It goes up from there.

But it is still worth every penny when you think about the relative cost of paying for a hyperbaric ride and transport to one without DAN. Your regular insurance won't cover it. Go ahead and check. and they aren't going to take you to a hospital if you aren't covered. Of course again this is more problematic if you're diving outside the US, but still... Plus, FYI, call DAN first, they like to take care of everything.

I was in the Caymans two years ago on Brac when a friend of mine started having symptoms of DCS/heart attack, I don't know if they ever figured out what it was, but they of course called DAN and they were completely taken care of from there including a special clearance to fly back to Florida over Cuba.
03-12-2003, 09:12 PM,
The DAN coverage also applied to local diving. If you are diving at Wazee and need to be air lifted out of there you want to have this coverage.
--Jason
03-13-2003, 08:17 AM,
I am... Master Plan Smile

03-13-2003, 09:56 AM,
Count me in also....Prefered Plan.
I think it was around $94/year (thats the insurance plus the membership)
I wanted the extra life insurance , heaven forbid !!!

Thanks..Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH