Remember me
Lost Password Register

Any Divers in Saint Paul?
02-19-2009, 03:28 AM,
Any Divers in Saint Paul?
Hey, all!

I'm in DT Saint Paul, and it's really hard to find a dive buddy.  I have friends who snorkel, but none of them are certified.  Any divers, preferably single women, interested in diving or non-diving get-togethers?
02-19-2009, 01:19 PM,
Re: Any Divers in Saint Paul?
are you looking for a dive buddy or a date?
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
02-19-2009, 06:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2009, 07:35 PM by DiverQueen.)
There are a few folks in the St. Paul Area who dive, a few of us from Brooklyn Center...Some in Minneapolis too.  Most are male.  It's about a 75% /25%  Male to Female ratio.  I'm female but not single (wish I was sometimes  :Smile

Don't forget to post your contact information in the Dive Buddy List. 

Bring your snorkeler friends to the GLSPS Show and they can try SCUBA in the pool!  Maybe they will get motivated to learn to dive!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
02-19-2009, 09:57 PM,
There's several divers in the Twin City area. As for buddies go, like anything else, you need to know where to look. It's easier go diving and find a buddy than to find a buddy and go diving. In other words, check out the dive shops in your area and try to attend their activities, ie, fun dives, camp and dives and clean-up dives. You'll be able to buddy-up with someone there. And with frequent attendance you'll find someone to dive with on a regular basis.
02-23-2009, 04:53 AM,
Thanks for the helpful info, folks!  I mostly do my diving on vacation, but it'd be nice to dive during the year if I find the right buddy.  The last diving I did was a few months ago when I went to Kaua'i with a few friends who have a time-share.

I'd like to meet a single woman from the Twin Cities into diving.  I realize that Minnesota isn't exactly a diving hot spot, and when my art career takes off, I hope to move to warmer climes like Hawaii and find a scuba diva....
02-23-2009, 09:20 AM,
"Minnesota isn't exactly a diving hot spot" Really, With more than 10,000 lake how could that be! You can see tropical fish in aquariums and save yourself the trouble.

Minnesota diving is uniquely ours.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
02-23-2009, 04:30 PM,

I dunno, don't really care much for visibility measured in inches and really chilly lakes.  I went diving in the Caymans, Virgin Islands, and Hawaii, and they totally smoke Minnesota in the diving area.  Plus, there doesn't seem to be many divers around here compared to Hawaii--I'd swear every other native on Kaua'i was a certified diver...
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM,
Actually there a quite a few divers in this area. Most tend to be pretty hard core about it. You rarely see the tropical divers outside of the local dive shop unfortunately. Fuel prices really hurt the turn outs for dive events last summer and fall. Hopefully if gas prices stay down, we can all afford to haul our heavy gear out to the lakes again.
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
02-23-2009, 05:54 PM,
On the other hand, if the gas prices go up again AND the economy maintains it's current condition or continues on the path it's on it could be even worse this year than last year.
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM,
"doesn't seem to be many divers around here". That's good in many ways, the water(ice) I was in on Saturday probably hadn't been searched for 10 years if ever. Found 6 anchors a pillow and what looked like a trail wheel. 

Having a site all to myself is preferred. I don't want any traffic.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.