Remember me
Lost Password Register

rEvo / Meg / Inspo Side By Side
02-19-2009, 02:20 PM,
rEvo / Meg / Inspo Side By Side
In preparation for the Rebreather Forum and Rebreather Pool Demo at Going Under Dive Center on Sunday February 22nd, I did some side by side comparisons of the rEvo, Megalodon and Inspiration to see how the profile lines up.  What I found by doing side by side measurement is the following.

From back of Scrubber or Case to Backplate or Shell

rEvo 8 inches

Megalodon 8 inches

Inspiration 9 ½ inches

From the divers backplate or shell to front of T-piece or Counterlung

Revo 0 – no forward counterlungs

Megalodon – 4 inches – using neoprene counterlungs

Inspiration – 7 inches

Attached are some pictures of the side by side comparisons of the units, and profile is only one small part of selecting a rebreather.  An experienced instructor can help you understand some of the many options when looking at rebreathers available on today’s market.

Please consider the fine local instructors like Matt Kriesel and Mike Oswald who are teaching Fully Closed Circuit Rebreathers, and have as many or more years experience as some of the instructors that travel to local dive shows. 

Fully Closed Circuit Rebreathers are complicated tools that require not only solid basic training, but a smart diver will look for a local instructor who provides post training activities for them to stay current and continue to grow.  Some local instructors bend over backwards for years to provide Mentoring to CCR divers after their training, something that an out of town instructor cannot provide.

Outsourcing instructors is like mail order dive equipment that does nothing to support the local community.  Support your local instructors and community, but most of all go diving and Get Wet!

Ron

Attached Files
.jpg   rEvo.jpg (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 86)
.jpg   rEvo Meg B to B.jpg (Size: 616.98 KB / Downloads: 70)
.jpg   rEvo.jpg (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 86)
.jpg   rEvo Meg B to B.jpg (Size: 616.98 KB / Downloads: 70)
.jpg   rEvo Inspo B to B.jpg (Size: 434.18 KB / Downloads: 69)
Start with training, continue with adventures.
02-20-2009, 07:18 AM,
Re: rEvo / Meg / Inspo Side By Side
This is the part that we respect.  Thanks for posting the pictures. BOL. at the demo.
Maxfactor