Remember me
Lost Password Register

CCR Cave Diver Tim Hanson
03-07-2009, 07:37 PM,
CCR Cave Diver Tim Hanson
Tim Hanson has just completed his CCR Cave course in Florida with Mel Clark.  The divers in his team completed dives at the Devils system at Ginny, Peacock and Little River. 

The Devil was good as usual, and Peacock was excellent aside from the shallow/deep/shallow profile which is tough on a new CCR cave diver, and Lil River was almost not flow at all?  Vis at Lil River was good till a couple teams stirred things up and no flow to flush it out.  Tim and I were able to do a couple jumps and turn around the Merry Go Round.  We may stop on the way back North to rinse off our gear and hit Lil River again. 

The team was led by CCR Cave Instructor Mel Clark and included Tim Hanson from Minnesota, and two other very fine divers from the East Coast.  Tim was diving his Inpiration with Vision electronics, while Mel, myself and Peter were diving the rEvo.  One of the students was also diving a rEvo - but was doing some fun dives after the class on his Prism Topaz.  No disrespect, but in all the years of ccr diving and years of travel to five corners of the globe - this is the first Prism I've seen working???

Congratulations Tim on all the dives and hours underwater!

Tomorrow we have a fun dive at Ginny Springs and then we head to Pompano for some CCR trimix wreck dives!

No snow in sight?   

Attached Files
.jpg   photo-23.jpg (Size: 137.7 KB / Downloads: 83)
.jpg   photo-23.jpg (Size: 137.7 KB / Downloads: 83)
Start with training, continue with adventures.
03-08-2009, 04:41 PM,
Re: CCR Cave Diver Tim Hanson
congrats, tell tim to slow down i wont ever catch up if he keeps going like he is.
have a good trip
We take these risks, not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping us