Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuits
03-03-2009, 08:47 AM,
Drysuits
I'm looking at drysuits and was wondering if anyone has expeariance with the whites fusion suit? I like the streamlining affect of it but am open to other suggestions. Help me out. >Big Grin
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
03-03-2009, 12:37 PM,
Re: Drysuits
i suggest a suit with a zipper in the front for self donning, its also easy to make sure the zipper is closed yourself

possibly the most important thing is a good fit, too small and you will be restricted, too large and youll have air pockets... of course you have to assume a little larger for insulation space... a nice extra on mine is a normal zipper over the waterproof one for protection and to keep dirt away
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-03-2009, 02:50 PM,
Interesting suit.  I read through the information on their website --

I'm always a bit wary when dive vendors tout their latest revolutionary design.  Your best bet is to try this suit at the lake or in a pool first. 

Personally I'm not wild about the outer shell layer.  I can see some streamlining advantages and some cleaning disadvantages.  I'm not sure the complexity is worth it.

My Andy's drysuit has a similar front shoulder zipper configuration.  I wish it had the more traditional diagonal zipper configuration instead.

My next suit will probably be a Diving Concepts.
--Jason
03-03-2009, 04:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM by LKunze.)
My first suit was a used DUI TLS350 as shown in my pics.  It was a good suit and served me well.  I upgraded to a custom Diving Concepts Duraflex Tek suit a couple years ago and I really like that suit. It wasn't cheap but was worth the extra cost. I too prefer the front diagonal self donning zipper as Jason mentioned.  I also prefer the DUI rock boots over the built in boots so I had my Diving Concepts suit made with neoprene socks instead of boots and then wear a pair of DUI rock boots over the socks. If you can fit well into a stock size suit it's obviously the more affordable way to go though.  Another affordable option you might consider is the Pinnacle Evolution 2 suit . Those seem to be pretty popular around here.
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM,
Thanks guys info helps. I'm gonna test dive a fusion at the end of the month but if I do get a different one it will deffinetly be a custom.
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.