Remember me
Lost Password Register

Leisure Pro or Dive Inn
08-29-2002, 07:45 PM,
Re:Leisure Pro or Dive Inn
wholehawg,<br>I'm usually pretty reserved, but your spreading hawgwash B.S.<br>Unless you have proof, data, facts, don't go spewin' that the european stuff is obviously inferior because the mystic dive instructor said so. Is he a materials or manufacturing engineer? Can he assess true functional differences (if any) in materials or design?<br>I am an R&D guy for an international company. Scubapros' engineering, design, tooling, manufacturing costs, supplier/material specifications, etc are a BIG, COMPLEX deal. I doubt they would go to the trouble/cost to have a two tier manufacturing system for a complex device with low sales volume (compared to many other manufactured hardware products). They must also pay for regulatory tests done on performance, do substantial design testing, incur a shitload of liability costs, etc. that would not make having two different quality levels of the same product the smartest move.<br>I really do doubt they sell lower quality in Europe.<br>Also, who the F do you think the "Europeans" are - idiot Neanderthals??? They are as well educated, intelligent, safety conscious divers as we "super-race Amerikans" are. They are demanding consumers! I can personally attest to that having worked with French, German and British partners.<br>Any person from Europe would laugh at your smug assertions implying that they are fodder for cheapo second rate products not good enough for the US.<br>I'm perfectly OK if you can PROVE me wrong, but all I expect is to be flamed or condemned as a jerkoff.<br>Still your friend,<br>Dive safely,<br>Dan Lewandowski (of European heritage)
Dan L
08-29-2002, 07:57 PM,
Oops,<br>Who is this maniac DanL guy? Chill out!<br>OK, OK, I'm chilled.<br>This is a great board - sorry to take my last post over the edge.<br>Apologies. Peace.<br>Dive safely,<br>Dan
Dan L
08-30-2002, 06:57 AM,
DanL,<br>Is this the same mild mannered DanL I know? This doesn't sound like the "real" DanL.. you know.. the guy who wears a wetsuit to sunday dinner out on the town. ;D Alright.. what'd you do with the real DanL?! If you did away with him can I have his scuba gear? Smile I want a wetsuit with a relief valve.<br><br>I've been reading this thread some about the regulators and had decided to keep my peace until I had actually taken two apart myself and compared them. It's true, unless you know, best not to spread what could be rumors as fact.. especially one as hard to believe as regs from europe being inferior. But... prove me wrong and I'll accept that also.<br><br>Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-30-2002, 06:57 AM,
Yikes! <br><br>I Never meant to imply anything about Europeans mental capacity by Scubapro's business/manufacturing model. How you got that out of what I posted is a mystery to me. <br><br>Lets see;<br><br>If company “A” manufactures junk.<br><br>Then anyone in geographical proximity to company “A” is a "idiot Neanderthal" <br><br>Yeah that makes sense.<br><br>All I am doing is passing on information that I came across. I tried to qualify my statements as hearsay and strongly encourage you to take it with a grain of salt and in your case, a few beers Wink<br><br>All I am saying is if your going to buy a scubapro reg and its really super cheap there may be a reason. But I highly suggest you and everyone do their own homework.
08-30-2002, 07:52 AM,
Yeah...there is no question that there ARE idiots like Dan described that think "if it ain't made in the USA it's junk", but I personally didn't feel that's what you were implying Wholehawg and after Dan had a couple minutes to blow off some steam I think he realized that as well so all is well. But hey...that's the closest we've ever gotten to a flame war on this board...LOL! ;D
08-30-2002, 12:35 PM,
It must have been DanL's evil twin ;D.
Leon